IdeaMaker feature requests

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:16 am

DeX wrote:A very useful feature in s3d is to slice only the necessary sections of the model. Do not wait for the slicing of the entire model, but only a piece. (or you could slice just some process in s3d)
its great! true story. возьмите на карандаш =)


Would you like explain more about the purpose of only printing a part of the file?

DeX
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:56 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby DeX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:15 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:A very useful feature in s3d is to slice only the necessary sections of the model. Do not wait for the slicing of the entire model, but only a piece. (or you could slice just some process in s3d)
its great! true story. возьмите на карандаш =)


Would you like explain more about the purpose of only printing a part of the file?



No, no, not printing. Just slicing. For save time.. you slice just one process that has some heights..
There is two ways to slice-a-part in s3d i meant. =)

DeX
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:56 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby DeX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:21 am

Today I came with another suggestion.
I did not found a way to change some PLATFORM ADDITION settings in modifiers.
More precisely, I wanted to use the brim only for this region and not do it throughout the model.
brim-modif.JPG

brim-modif2.JPG


and in general with surprise I found so few settings for modifiers = (

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:08 am

DeX wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:A very useful feature in s3d is to slice only the necessary sections of the model. Do not wait for the slicing of the entire model, but only a piece. (or you could slice just some process in s3d)
its great! true story. возьмите на карандаш =)


Would you like explain more about the purpose of only printing a part of the file?



No, no, not printing. Just slicing. For save time.. you slice just one process that has some heights..
There is two ways to slice-a-part in s3d i meant. =)


ideaMaker currently can support moving the whole model down and using Cross Section to do partially slicing.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:09 am

DeX wrote:Today I came with another suggestion.
I did not found a way to change some PLATFORM ADDITION settings in modifiers.
More precisely, I wanted to use the brim only for this region and not do it throughout the model.
brim-modif.JPG

brim-modif2.JPG


and in general with surprise I found so few settings for modifiers = (


You don't want to use Brim for Supports? It may affect the adhesion of Supports.

DeX
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:56 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby DeX » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:Today I came with another suggestion.
I did not found a way to change some PLATFORM ADDITION settings in modifiers.
More precisely, I wanted to use the brim only for this region and not do it throughout the model.
brim-modif.JPG

brim-modif2.JPG


and in general with surprise I found so few settings for modifiers = (


You don't want to use Brim for Supports? It may affect the adhesion of Supports.


I need brim for model only. Making brims for all the supports takes a lot of TIME. Supports are fine. And they has some perimetr line on\off .. i saw somewhere in IM, right?

DeX
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:56 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby DeX » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Would you like explain more about the purpose of only printing a part of the file?



No, no, not printing. Just slicing. For save time.. you slice just one process that has some heights..
There is two ways to slice-a-part in s3d i meant. =)


ideaMaker currently can support moving the whole model down and using Cross Section to do partially slicing.



OR...OR... we could use some ability to slice (pre-slice) only some height of the model..

DeX
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:56 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby DeX » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm

I got another one!
вутыуыгкасу.jpg


it would be great if the program itself corrected such moments or mentioned them.

it's time to throw all energy into training slicers to THINK =)

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:54 am

DeX wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:Today I came with another suggestion.
I did not found a way to change some PLATFORM ADDITION settings in modifiers.
More precisely, I wanted to use the brim only for this region and not do it throughout the model.
brim-modif.JPG

brim-modif2.JPG


and in general with surprise I found so few settings for modifiers = (


You don't want to use Brim for Supports? It may affect the adhesion of Supports.


I need brim for model only. Making brims for all the supports takes a lot of TIME. Supports are fine. And they has some perimetr line on\off .. i saw somewhere in IM, right?


Boundary may not large enough to cover all the supports and it doesn't work the same as Brim.
Using Modifer to control Brim size can probably work. We will see how we can improve here.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:55 am

DeX wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:

No, no, not printing. Just slicing. For save time.. you slice just one process that has some heights..
There is two ways to slice-a-part in s3d i meant. =)


ideaMaker currently can support moving the whole model down and using Cross Section to do partially slicing.



OR...OR... we could use some ability to slice (pre-slice) only some height of the model..


We will see how to improve user interface for this request in future version without going to to template everytime.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:56 am

DeX wrote:I got another one!
вутыуыгкасу.jpg


it would be great if the program itself corrected such moments or mentioned them.

it's time to throw all energy into training slicers to THINK =)


If the angle has been changed, the bottom of the model may be cut into individual parts. And each part will have different angles to get along with the support underneath.

angrycockles
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:39 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby angrycockles » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Would be nice if IdeaMaker supported firmware retraction. Is there any way to implement this in current versions?

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6737
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 am

Thanks for your suggestions. The feature has been added into our developing list.


Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest