Firmware update never really suceeds

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Flole

Firmware update never really suceeds

Postby Flole » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:49 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to install the fillament runout sensor firmware on my N2 Plus Dual in order to get the filament runout sensor I bought to work. It says it installed sucessfully but it still says rev1 as the firmware, even after rebooting the entire machine. I've tried it multiple times but just can't get it to install despite it saying it sucessfully installed it. I'm running the latest RaiseTouch Firmware.

Additionally I can't find the source code of the Firmware, and also there wasn't a written offer as required by the license. It's clearly not the one in the GitHub Repository.

Thanks for your help

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Firmware update never really suceeds

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:18 am

Flole wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to install the fillament runout sensor firmware on my N2 Plus Dual in order to get the filament runout sensor I bought to work. It says it installed sucessfully but it still says rev1 as the firmware, even after rebooting the entire machine. I've tried it multiple times but just can't get it to install despite it saying it sucessfully installed it. I'm running the latest RaiseTouch Firmware.

Additionally I can't find the source code of the Firmware, and also there wasn't a written offer as required by the license. It's clearly not the one in the GitHub Repository.

Thanks for your help

Once the runout sensor is installed you will need to download and install the FRS version of firmware available here: https://www.raise3d.com/filament-run-ou ... struction/

Flole

Postby Flole » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:33 am

That's exactly what I am trying to do and what doesn't work. It says it sucessfully installed it but it didn't, the Firmware is still the old one (ending with rev1 and not with frs like it should).

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:45 pm

Flole wrote:That's exactly what I am trying to do and what doesn't work. It says it sucessfully installed it but it didn't, the Firmware is still the old one (ending with rev1 and not with frs like it should).

Can you please specify how you are updating the motion controller board firmware?

Flole

Postby Flole » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:08 pm

I downloaded the Firmware (frs version) to a USB drive, selected that Firmware in the files-section, then it is telling me that it is updating the firmware, the progress indication is stuck at about 10% and after some time it says it suceeded but without ever showing any additional progress on the progress indicator. I can see on the motion controller board that the left red LED is constantly on and the right LED is flashing a few times at the beginning (about once per second) and then it stays off.

Afterwards I reboot the printer (power off and on) and check which version is installed, it is still the rev1 and not the frs version.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:04 am

Flole wrote:I downloaded the Firmware (frs version) to a USB drive, selected that Firmware in the files-section, then it is telling me that it is updating the firmware, the progress indication is stuck at about 10% and after some time it says it suceeded but without ever showing any additional progress on the progress indicator. I can see on the motion controller board that the left red LED is constantly on and the right LED is flashing a few times at the beginning (about once per second) and then it stays off.

Afterwards I reboot the printer (power off and on) and check which version is installed, it is still the rev1 and not the frs version.

Thank you for clarifying. Would you be able to attempt the update with a different USB stick? Also, please ensure that the drive has no other files on it.

Flole

Postby Flole » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:34 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:
Flole wrote:I downloaded the Firmware (frs version) to a USB drive, selected that Firmware in the files-section, then it is telling me that it is updating the firmware, the progress indication is stuck at about 10% and after some time it says it suceeded but without ever showing any additional progress on the progress indicator. I can see on the motion controller board that the left red LED is constantly on and the right LED is flashing a few times at the beginning (about once per second) and then it stays off.

Thank you for clarifying. Would you be able to attempt the update with a different USB stick? Also, please ensure that the drive has no other files on it.

I've tried that and I've also tried uploading the file using scp and updating from the internal memory, the issue remains the same.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:53 am

Flole wrote:
Steven@Raise3D wrote:

I've tried that and I've also tried uploading the file using scp and updating from the internal memory, the issue remains the same.

I have gone ahead and reached out to our RaiseTouch team regarding this issue to see if they can give some insight as to why this may be occurring. Would you be able to tell me if the touchscreen unit on the machine has been replaced or is it the stock one that came with the machine?

Flole

Postby Flole » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Hi,

it's the stock one that came with the machine. It hasn't been replaced as there were never issues with it.

Thanks

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:39 pm

it's the stock one that came with the machine. It hasn't been replaced as there were never issues with it.

Thanks

Can you please attempt to update the firmware again and once the update appears to be complete can you please export the serial log from the machine and send it here? To export the serial log select Settings>More settings>Privacy and security>Export serial log to external device

Flole

Postby Flole » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi,

that option doesn't exist on my N2 Plus with the latest Raise Touch (1.4.2).

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:49 pm

Steven@Raise3D wrote:

Thanks

Can you please attempt to update the firmware again and once the update appears to be complete can you please export the serial log from the machine and send it here? To export the serial log select Settings>More settings>Privacy and security>Export serial log to external device

My apologies to export the serial log you will need to select Settings>More settings>Serial port log>Export serial log to an external device.

Flole

Postby Flole » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:18 am

Where should I send that file? As it contains personal data it shouldn't be posted publicly

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:48 am

Flole wrote:Where should I send that file? As it contains personal data it shouldn't be posted publicly

The serial log file doesn't contain any personal information. It is just a list of temperature data from the machine's log. However, if you do not feel comfortable sending it here you can always create a support ticket and one of our technical support engineers can assist you in resolving this issue.

Return to “Software”