IdeaMaker and the E2 level sensor

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
RiserDog

IdeaMaker and the E2 level sensor

Postby RiserDog » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:21 pm

I just started using IdeaMaker on my new E2. When I print a long part without a raft, it always starts the print with the bed leveling sensors taking readings where the part will print at.

When I print a much larger part that takes up the entire print bed AND use a raft, the print will start every time with NO sensor readings.

I am wondering why the machine doesn't need any sensor readings for a much larger printed part? Is it the raft?

Steven@Raise3D

Re: IdeaMaker and the E2 level sensor

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:27 am

RiserDog wrote:I just started using IdeaMaker on my new E2. When I print a long part without a raft, it always starts the print with the bed leveling sensors taking readings where the part will print at.

When I print a much larger part that takes up the entire print bed AND use a raft, the print will start every time with NO sensor readings.

I am wondering why the machine doesn't need any sensor readings for a much larger printed part? Is it the raft?

In the latest version of the RaiseTouch firmware there is a setting that turn off auto-leveling compensation if the model is being printed with a raft. If your bed flatness is a relatively good value you shouldn't need to use the auto-leveling compensation while printing with a raft. However, if you would like you can also disable this setting in the auto-leveling menu's

Return to “Software”