Build plate Dip

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Rob

Build plate Dip

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:09 pm

Has anyone had issue with the build plate being slightly warped or dipping in the middle?
We've had our Pro2 Plus for just under 2 years and have recently noticed layer height issues on larger prints.
While replacing the build surface we thought to check the plate itself and using a metal ruler, we can clearly see a dip in the center of the actual build plate. This makes it impossible to level all 4 corners and the center together, resulting in a myriad of print issues. Smaller prints I can pick a corner print fine, but I'll need help with this to start printing larger projects again....

Does anyone have idea's on how to fix this issue or am I just relegated to purchasing a new build plate? :?

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Build plate Dip

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 pm

Rob wrote:Has anyone had issue with the build plate being slightly warped or dipping in the middle?
We've had our Pro2 Plus for just under 2 years and have recently noticed layer height issues on larger prints.
While replacing the build surface we thought to check the plate itself and using a metal ruler, we can clearly see a dip in the center of the actual build plate. This makes it impossible to level all 4 corners and the center together, resulting in a myriad of print issues. Smaller prints I can pick a corner print fine, but I'll need help with this to start printing larger projects again....

Does anyone have idea's on how to fix this issue or am I just relegated to purchasing a new build plate? :?

Over time and handling of the build plate, it can become warped. Unfortunately, there isn't really a recommended way to fix the build plate. I would suggest purchasing a new one.

Return to “General”