ASA stuck on buildtak

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Didi

ASA stuck on buildtak

Postby Didi » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:44 am

Hi all,

I have a large print to do for one of my clients. I use ASA (similar to ABS) and the parts are stuck on buildtack sheet. I destroyed 2 sheets already!!!
In the photo attached you see the product and the sheet destroyed (last one).
My settings:
Printer: Raise3d pro2+
Material: ASA
Gap noozle-buildplate: 0.2mm
Buildplate temp: 95(0C)
Noozle: 0.6mm
First layer Flowrate: 110%
First layer Height: 0.4
First layer Extrusion with percentage: 110%

I need First layer settings to waterproofing the printed part.
I tried many solution including: using glue stick (I found somewhere on the internet), removing after printing finish, removing after buildplate cooldown. None worked for me.
I need advice to address this problem (remove part)
Magicoo Original (on buildtak) could work? I read that after cooldown it is easily to remove ABS parts.

It is possible to print directly on buildplate (without buildtak sheet on it) but with Magigoo, 3Dlac, Dynafix etc?

Thanks a lot for your advice!!!
Attachments
IMG_20200722_064957.jpg
IMG_20200722_064949.jpg
IMG_20200722_064919.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ASA stuck on buildtak

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:10 am

First layer flowrate as well as a larger nozzle size can lead to parts sticking too much the BuildTak surface. The Z-offset may need to be adjusted slight further away from the bed for to compensate for these two variables.

Didi

Postby Didi » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:53 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:First layer flowrate as well as a larger nozzle size can lead to parts sticking too much the BuildTak surface. The Z-offset may need to be adjusted slight further away from the bed for to compensate for these two variables.

Hi Vicky,
Thanks for your quickly replay.
I made same changes for the print from last night.
What I do :
1. Cleanup buildplate with warm water;
2. Apply a thin layer of Bic Glue Stick (because the buildtak are waved now from previous prints and this layer levels the surface a little)
3. Levels the glue layer with a spatula and remove the excess glue;
4. Setup buildplate temperature to 90 degree to dry the glue and warm the enclosure;
5. Setup ( in slicer) the build plate temperature to 90 degree;
6. Start print

After printing is complete;
1. Remove the plate from printer and put it on a colder surface;
2. Shorty after (2-3 minutes), with a spatula I removed RELATIVELY EASY the print from the plate without damage the sheet!

Now I start a new print but with 2 parts (same surface like the previous print but three time taller) on the plate with same procedure and I will note you the result.

The gap nozzle/buildplate is 0.2 mm and I keep it because I want the parts to be watertight (Is a must from my Client).

If you have better idea, I am interested!!!

Thanks a lot,
Didi

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:07 am

If you need to print without a raft directly on the buildtak we would suggest replacing the sheet with a new one to ensrue that the first layer goes down perfectly. Lowering the nozzle and bed temp a little bit can help the print not stick as well but that can cause issues with layer adheasion.

Return to “General”