Raise3D Pro2 Mount

kmxsoft

Raise3D Pro2 Mount

Postby kmxsoft » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:32 pm

The physical dimensions for the Pro2 are published and available in the documentation, however I can find no information for the footprint of the printer.

Is the dimensions for the mounting points on which the printer stands available? The printer appears to stand on posts which are inset from the sides of the printer, but there is no information for the physical positions of those posts. This makes it difficult to provide an adequately sized stand for the printer.

Markus64

Re: Raise3D Pro2 Mount

Postby Markus64 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi kmxsoft,
it is correct that the printer has four feet.
The space requirement corresponds to the dimensions of the base area.
I built a table out of aluminum system profile 50. 70 cm high, mobile with wheels. 60 x 60 cm wide, on it a table top 65 x 65 cm. Below is a base plate for storing e.g. Filament etc. The Pro2 fits perfectly on it. Thanks to the system profile, you can add attachments at any time later.

kmxsoft

Re: Raise3D Pro2 Mount

Postby kmxsoft » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:42 am

Thanks Markus64.

To give me mobility options for moving the printer I decided to mount on a castorised motorcycle maintenance trolley, which gives great options for rising, lowering and moving:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004DJFG62/

That scissor lift is very robust and easily capable of holding the printer up. It's designed for managing heavy motorcycles.

Unfortunately since the layout of the foot stubs on the Raise3D Pro2 aren't specified I added a build platofrm to this stand which has the printer mount points sited outside of the stand raise/lower platform, so whilst the printer is up and running I'm having to invest in implementing upgrades to my mount to add strength to my build platform.

It would have been nice to know where the pressure points for standing the printer were before the printer was put on the mobile stand. My assumption that there had to be at least 1 foot stub centrally placed was wrong - those foot stubs are spread across the width of the printer, with no support centrally.

I didn't get a response when I queried this with the folks at Raise3D.

Return to “Pro2 Series”