Berd Air add on

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Hellraizer

Berd Air add on

Postby Hellraizer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:19 am

Hi,

we're printing at work mostly in spiral vase mode but our model have lots of overhangs, so I recently optimized the spiral vase printing speed and I would be able to increase speed by 1/3 if it werent for the model cooling.

The avarage speed before increasing the speed was 30mms but as soon as i go higher than 35 cooling the overhangs become a problem by curling up.

Possible Solution: Berd Air. I succesfully installed it some months ago on my private printer. I found all the parts on ali and even installed the little mostfet chip that converts the fan signal to usuable voltage for the airpump.

I could of course just use and external PSU and voltage controller and have the pump running completly independent from the printer, but I wonder if someone has tried installing a berd air style model cooling solution on his raise machine and wants to share some experiences.

Cheers

Jonny Brylcreem

Re: Berd Air add on

Postby Jonny Brylcreem » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:14 pm

That's pretty cool!
I've been thinking about something similar for one of my other printers.
What pump are you using ? And are you able to control the rate of airflow by PWM?
Cheers

Hellraizer

Re: Berd Air add on

Postby Hellraizer » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:41 am

Hi,

i used a similar pump from ali. The specs are listed in the berd air webshop. Its a basic pump that is widely available on ali.
Same with the pwm controller, thats also a cheap chip that looks the same as the ones ali provides for a few bucks.

Return to “Hardware”