E2 Hot End Assembly

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
eXcelonPrime

E2 Hot End Assembly

Postby eXcelonPrime » Sat May 02, 2020 1:41 pm

First, to the documentation team, thank you guys for the all the work you put in getting the new information out. Much appreciated!

As I was looking through a couple of the repair guides I noticed they appear to show the heater block all the way up against the heat sink with no throat tube showing. Is that correct? I'm having some issues printing, but not all the time and I'm wondering if that's not part of the reason why. Mine came with a lot more distance between the heat sink and the heater block than the pictures make it seem. Just want to know the right way!

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: E2 Hot End Assembly

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 04, 2020 11:13 pm

The throat tube should be seated all the way into the heatsink, as far as it will go.
You may need to make some minor adjustments when setting the nozzle offsets.

For mirror/duplicate mode we recommend having the left and right Z-offset withing 0.05mm of each other to ensure both prints adhere to the bed properly. You can use this guide for reference: https://support.raise3d.com/E2/how-to-r ... -1104.html

eXcelonPrime

Postby eXcelonPrime » Wed May 06, 2020 2:22 am

Hey Vicky, thanks for the response. I think I get what I need to do now. I ended up with more offset than that when going through just the calibration steps. If I understand correctly, that means I need to physically adjust one or both nozzle’s height so that after running the offset calibration, I end up 0.05mm or less between them. Is that about right?

Thanks again!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 07, 2020 12:03 am

Yes, that is correct. If the offset between the left and right hotend are not within 0.05mm of each other you may run into adheasion issues when printing in duplicate/mirror mode.
Depending on where the hotends sit and what values are displayed on the screen you may just need to adjust one hotend. If you are having toubles making the adjustments you can open up a support ticket to get more guidance on how to set the offsets properly.

eXcelonPrime

Postby eXcelonPrime » Fri May 08, 2020 4:42 am

Thanks Vicky. I did and am trying to work through the issues.

Return to “Hardware”