Live view of machine data

Please post your suggestions for hardware features
FOGD.NO

Live view of machine data

Postby FOGD.NO » Fri May 01, 2020 10:39 am

On the display of the printer I would love a "debug" choice for me to choose when printing so I could see live data from the printer about what speed the head is moving, acc/jerk data, speed of the bed and so on. Then I could try to tweak settings for the print so I could match speed, acc, jerk by watching what it actually is doing while printing parts of the model.

I could set 100mm/s speed, but if the acc/jerk settings are set so the head never would get to those speed I could reduce to a speed that matches other settings or try increase acc/jerk to see if the model could handle it.

If I get a "report" after printing I am not able to check since I don't know where it did not achieve my goal.

So live feedback on the display please

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Live view of machine data

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 06, 2020 12:56 am

The computing power of touchscreen is not able to handle this amount extra showing and recalculating under the current design. It may cause further issues to printing result due to the hardware limitation.

FOGD.NO

Re: Live view of machine data

Postby FOGD.NO » Wed May 06, 2020 6:49 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The computing power of touchscreen is not able to handle this amount extra showing and recalculating under the current design. It may cause further issues to printing result due to the hardware limitation.

Would it be possible to get this data in the Slicer, or perhaps with Octoprint/Cloud?

Return to “Hardware”