N1 Printer stops during Print

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: N1 Printer stops during Print

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 04, 2020 11:09 pm

The first error is most likely caused by the USB cable not being seated properly.
Please advise whether there was any error when the printer stopped the second time or did it just freeze?
Pease enable recording serial log during printing and export again. https://support.raise3d.com/RaiseTouch/6-1-5-6-record-serial-logs-to-local-storage-in-background-17-878.html

Philipp

Postby Philipp » Tue May 05, 2020 10:47 am

hi vicky,
the second time the printer just freeze...as usual
i checked the printer...the " recording serial log during printing" is/was allready enabled..

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue May 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Honestly sorry you are still having problems.
In your shoes, I would be thinking 2 things that might be causing this.

#1 Unsure where we are on the safety board mod and ribbon cable fix replacement status. While that is a temperature problem that causes, the firmware dealing with various safety fault code issues during this could cause serial errors- and obviously stop a print when safety is invoked.
Again, yes a failing cable can cause intermittent and seemingly random issues and be darn hard to find outright failure, but also, can cause problems that don't directly tell you cable failure. Or, entirely possible that USB cable or connection is somehow flaky.

#2 Again, a simple common bought in nearly every country cheap LCD and control module with SD card simply plugged in would either A. continue printing and never have the serial fault because we aren't caring or using that in this mode, and B. could and would display more useful information about the true state the motion board, and since that is what actually controls the printer we'd be far better off.

But I'm asking you to buy or use something, and plug it in, and understand it- so I could kinda sorta get why we aren't there.
But you also aren't successfully printing and this back and forth with Raise tech support is about as useful as a poopy flavored lolipop.

Again, printing "standalone" basically all motion board direct control would either prove or disprove which side of this is failing. The LCD touch screen over USB trying to stream the gcode, or a fault somewhere in the motion control board or cable fault.
The downside of the 2 controller system (gcode streaming server and standard motion control VS standalone motion control).

Philipp

Postby Philipp » Tue May 05, 2020 5:02 pm

@Jetguy
ribbon cable arrived today will replace it the next days.
cheap LCD bought and i have made a Test ....printer didn´t stop...but the problem with the tests is, that i have 15 hour prints without problems ...at the next print the printer freezes after an hour....so i cant say if the problem will be solved with the lcd module...have to test it more often...but it would be cool to have a printer that could work without the lcd modul
unfortunally i´m very dissapointed with the support (execept vicky he/she/it seems to care..:))...i shoot them a ticket and they told me they are not interessted in helping me because i`m from europe....(they said it a little bit nicer) ....so i write to the company where i bought it..but they didnt answer since 20!!!!!! days....:(
the same is with the savety ribbon cable...didn´t get any answer...as i asked vicky i got an answer (thanks vicky)....
the answer was that i have to contact the german reseller...(they are aware of my problems, because they repaired my printer)...and they told me analogous.."this makes no sense with our (broken) printer"...so i guess i wont get one....
except from vicky i´m really disapointed from raise3d....

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue May 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Well, from my perspective on the world, at least you know the Reprap discount trick works.

I know that's not a win, but it's a little bit of a win.
You could and should replace the USB cable. Maybe that solves the normal raisetouch panel issue?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 06, 2020 12:33 am

Philipp wrote:hi vicky,
the second time the printer just freeze...as usual
i checked the printer...the " recording serial log during printing" is/was allready enabled..

I remembered that you mentioned before that you have reached to over reseller but didn't get correct part helping you solve the issue.
Would you like to open a support ticket in our system at http://help.raise3d.com and brief your case and the wrong part you got from reseller? You can link the ticket back to this post so that our support team can have better idea.
Please let me know your ticket number once it's been submitted.

Philipp

Postby Philipp » Wed May 06, 2020 4:48 pm

@Jetguy...thanks for your help

did a second test..with the cheap lcd....no problems.
as i said...have to test it a few times

@vicky :the thermal protector arrived today ...surprise surprise...thanks to OKM
i would do some tests with the cheap lcd...and i would open a ticket if this is not working....

but perhaps you or someone can answer me 2 questions?
- i got the bondtech extruder...and i changed the e-steps in the touchscreen /touchscreen board.....is this change only saved on the touchscreen or is this change also saved on the main-board??...at the moment i change the e-steps for the extruder (by the tests with the cheap LCD) in the g-code....do i have to do this.
-the normal Flow-rate is 94...this is also saved in the g-code??

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed May 06, 2020 5:09 pm

No, the changes doesn't save to the mainboard.
It technically could, but the OEM factory supplied motion firmware does not have EEPROM function enabled, and that's where the firmware can store and change settings from default.

What happens is, you power on the printer. The motion board boots the firmware from flash memory inside the motion processor. That firmware loads into the memory of the running processor. When the touch screen boots, it sends the updated changed from default steps per mm that changes them in active memory inside the motion processor. However, it's not "saving" it permanently.

That said, you are kind of blurring the situation. If you use the new LCD to edit settings, those are ALSO temporary and will revert back to defaults if the motion board is reset or power cycled.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed May 06, 2020 5:11 pm

I'll put it this way, If you put them into the print profile, and thus put them into the print files, it guarantees then those settings will be used.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 06, 2020 11:47 pm

The E-step value is stored on the touchscreen unit. So if the touchscreen was replaced it will need to have the Estep value entered again. The flowrate is defined and set in the Gcode when the model was sliced.

Philipp

Postby Philipp » Tue May 12, 2020 11:12 am

@jetguy thank you
@vicky thank you

by the way 4th longer print without any problems

tja

Postby tja » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:43 pm

Hi Philipp
Did you solve the problem of your N1 stopping during a print? If you did I would be interested to know what you did to fix it.

As I mentioned earlier in your post, I had exactly the same problem with my N1. Swapping the temperature control pcb solved my problem, until now :( . It stopped mid-print last week and I had a print today where it 'froze' 3 times in a 1 hour 40 print !!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:46 am

Would you like to advise which version of the firmware is currently running on your printer?

Return to “N Series”