New stepper motor for extruder

RiserDog

New stepper motor for extruder

Postby RiserDog » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:14 pm

I am 90% sure I need a new stepper motor for the extruder of my Pro. When loading filament I have to give the filament a little push to get the motor to work. It runs for 2 seconds then stops. I know it is not binding.

Where can I purchase one of these motors that match up with what is currently in the raise Pro? :|

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: New stepper motor for extruder

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:31 pm

Would you like to give a try for the following steps:
Remove all the filament and take off the tension screw for the side that is not working properly.
Once it's off, please open the tension arm and start a loading procedure.
Take a short video of the gear. It can also be something wrong with the gear instead of motor.

Heckler

Re: New stepper motor for extruder

Postby Heckler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:52 pm

That filament feeder gear (hob gear) has a small set screw on it that attaches it to the shaft, it's small and hard to see but make sure that is tight or it will spin on the shaft, another way to verify this is to put a small mark with a sharpie on the end of the shaft that is visible in the hole in the front of the stepper motor and look to see if the shaft is indeed spinning consistently when its feeding, if the shaft is stopping also like you describe it's something with the motor or something in the electrical system.

Return to “Pro2 Series”