Touch Screen Random Inputs

Zoidsfan77

Touch Screen Random Inputs

Postby Zoidsfan77 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Greetings!
The touchscreen on my Pro2 Plus has been behaving strangely, and has now become a big problem.
Since I have owned the machine, sometimes I would come by and the screen would have an input box open. Usually "Hotbed Temperature". At first I just assumed I must have hit it by mistake, or left the window open. It happens so frequently that I now realize it is the touchscreen itself, getting phantom inputs.
The problem has slowly worsened over the last few months, now it is bad enough where I cannot complete a print without the touch screen changing the temperature of one of the hot ends, or the heated bed. It typically changes it to 33, or 66 degrees.
This of course leads to print failures, and I can no longer complete a print over a couple hours.

This is of course highly frustrating, and I don't know what to do about it. I've never been a fan of the idea of touchscreens in "industrial" hardware, and this is exactly why.

If anyone has any advice, or know perhaps where I can get a used touch screen for this machine, that would be amazing!
I have heard getting a new one through Raise3D is absurdly expensive (~$1000).

20191005_120039.jpg

20191005_120046.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Touch Screen Random Inputs

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:08 am

I would recommend that you reach to our technicians to see whether your issue can be considered covered under warranty.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Touch Screen Random Inputs

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 am

I would recommend that you reach to our technicians to see whether your issue can be considered covered under warranty.

Return to “Pro2 Series”