Board error: Temperature sensor error

RevDop

Board error: Temperature sensor error

Postby RevDop » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello,

I have an error (see subject). I changed the temperature sensors. But the error is still displayed. What else could I do?

Looking forward to your answer :roll:.

Best regards
Mitko
Attachments
IMG_20190902_111838.jpg

Jetguy

Re: Board error: Temperature sensor error

Postby Jetguy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:49 pm

The most likely failure in some way shape or form is the cable system between the little circuit board AKA extruder breakout board and the actual motion control board in the lower right filament bay of the printer. That cable flexes millions of times every print job- so prone to failure often near the extruder end or somewhere in the cable chain. Far more likely the answer than changing the temp sensors and then wondering why that doesn't fix the problem. Not saying you cannot damage a temp sensor- but the ratio of failures of the connectors or just the wire from flexing is 100 times more likely the first thing to check before replacing a temp sensor- not the last thing after changing a temp sensor.

The cable is slightly different between the N series and the Pro series, but the function and faults are the same because the same temperature information is carried across the cable, and the same basic flexing failure and connector coming loose are closely related. This is something an owner of this printer should become intimately familiar with because this again is the most common and most troublesome error in this printer.

RevDop

Postby RevDop » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi Jetguy,

you are absolutely right!!! Thank you very much!

I disconnected this cable from Motion Control board. Then the raise starts in normal modus. So changing this cable is the solution :)..

For other guys with the same problem I attached pictures of the cable. It's the colorful cable (7 colors).

Perfectly! Have a nice weekend!

Mitko
Attachments
15701948429163461545212025338939.jpg
15701947941303583131724496133736.jpg

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:16 pm

I disconnected this cable from Motion Control board. Then the raise starts in normal modus. So changing this cable is the solution
Did I just read that correctly?
You unplugged the cable, and with the cable unplugged, the printer started up with no faults?
Again, just to be 100% clear, with the "colorful" cable in the completely disconnected state not plugged in, turning on the printer it starts normally and does not go into an error mode? DO NOT attempt to heat the printer or run a print job in this state, as if that cable is not connected, the controller has no temperature feedback.

If that's the case (printer starts normally with cable unplugged), please report back here.

RevDop

Postby RevDop » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Hello Jetguy,

yes you did understood correctly. But I was happy too soon... Changing the cable did not eliminated the error.

After changing this cable, sensors and platin where the sensors are fixed without success, my last idea is the motion controller board. But this is very expensive...

Perhaps you have another idea? :roll:

Mitko

Return to “Pro2 Series”