Runout sensor

martialgeudin

Runout sensor

Postby martialgeudin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:48 am

The runout sensor of my Raise3d Pro2 has an issue on the left side. It doesn't light up when the filament is gone. The right side is working well.
In the left gate nothing to see in it so should lighten the empty LED on.
Is it possible that the electronic fails on one side or is a wire somewhere the problem?
The machine was delivered begin this year 2019, so this is not a problem of old components.

Anyone had the same problem or is this just a (bad) lucky chance of failing electronics?

martialgeudin

Re: Runout sensor

Postby martialgeudin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:08 pm

found the issue, but not sure that this is the reason. I unscrewed the protection of the sensor and moved the housing by shaking. Suddenly the LED turn on. When I tested it with a filament after having fixed the sensor with the two screws. I remarked that the left LED reacted very slowly if the filament was extracted. Slower than the right side. So I wonder if there is not something with the components on the sensor. I also blow air in the channel, with the idea that there could be some dust or residue of filament in it.
Now it works again, but totally not convinced that there is not something more going on.

So any suggestion is welcome. If I need to replace the sensor I will do it.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:18 am

The issue can be caused by misaligned installation. But if the issue comes back after you reinstalling it, would suggest you to contact our support.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm

I have gotten this same error on my printer recently. But it is with the right sensor. Even after taking the cover off and accessing just the circuit board it will not turn on. Don't know why it started doing this all of the sudden.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:40 am

Please contact our support to help diagonise whether it is a hardware issue or not.

Return to “Pro2 Series”