Layers offset

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
ealanach

Layers offset

Postby ealanach » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:39 pm

I just printed a large part (around 30x25cm in area) that is essentially a baseplate with mounts for various components rising from it. I used the standard PLA profile for high speed with raft & support enabled (a little over 24h for the print). The raft was perfect and completely adhered the base and the model was similarly perfectly adhered to the raft. The print appears to have gone wrong on the final layer of the baseplate which is offset relative to the lower layers, towards the back of the machine, by around 2.5mm at the front of the plate and 4mm at the back. Subsequent layers are similarly offset. I obviously didn't watch the whole 24h but there isn't any evidence of collision or scraping that I could see. Any suggestions what might have gone wrong?
Attachments
plate.JPG
Front edge (to right of picture).JPG
back edge (to right) from below.JPG

ealanach

Re: Layers offset

Postby ealanach » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Where's a tumbleweed animation when you need one? I raised a ticket as well but I live in the wrong country to get support from the manufacturer :roll:

sperman

Postby sperman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:31 pm

ealanach

Postby ealanach » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Thanks for the link.

detroitus

Postby detroitus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:37 pm

I assume you have good bed adhesion? I used to have an issue with the N2 where the glass build plate would sometimes slide to the left or right on large builds. I would put the clips to hold the plate in place on the front end of the bed so nothing was securing it in the 'X' direction. I made some rails to hold it in place and had no more issues.

Return to “Others”