Pro2 Plus extrusion problems

Vosid

Pro2 Plus extrusion problems

Postby Vosid » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:09 pm

I owe and run this printer on daily basis since January. Mostly large prints using PETG as material of choice. Everything was nice and smooth till about month ago. In the middle of print (after few days) with no specific reason printer stops extruding material. No problems with material going into printer, no jams. I'm usually printing with one extruder, but switching to printing using right one did not help. Prints starts failing as well. I did purchased and replaced both hotends. No change, prints were failing. I tested different material manufacturers, including Raise3d PETG. With time it only get worst. Now I can't print at all as it will fail after 15 minutes (same for both hotends). When stops extruding I can hear/feel gears trying to push material but no extrusion. When removing material, same grinding noise trying to push material, then it will retract with no problems. See attached photo.
Ticket I opened yesterday, was closed by tech. guy (Amiel C.) after attaching few links to instructions how to change hotends. He did not read what I was asking for, worst I attached few photos he never check. Is this normal with Raise3D support?
Attachments
IMG_7571.jpg
Filament out of extruder

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Pro2 Plus extrusion problems

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 pm

We have checked your tickets. You have opened multiple tickets for one case. For collecting all the information together, we merge all your related responses into one ticket once a ticket being merged to another ticket, the original one will show as closed.
Image_20190918125947.png

KS_Husker

Re: Pro2 Plus extrusion problems

Postby KS_Husker » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:45 pm

I recently started getting failed prints on almost every single try. I printed out the parts on a different printer to replace the weak fans on this printer with stronger blower fans and it started printing perfectly again. I haven't had a single issue since doing this mod. I think the front fan is the main culprit. It is too weak to adequately cool the heat break area on the hotend where they only have a couple of fins on the aluminum heatsink. Because of such a small heat sink, it requires much more airflow to cool it properly and it kept getting jammed up right in the heat break area.

See this thread...
https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16207

Return to “Pro2 Series”