Ideamaker questions

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Belezeebub

Ideamaker questions

Postby Belezeebub » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:00 am

To give each printer a fair shake I am loading my models into the default slicer, In Cura I can select which extruder it prints supports from and I can tell it to only use the expensive PVA for the interface layer, before I found this selling I was going through 7 to 10 rolls of PVA a month, I don’t see any settings like this in Ideamaker, currently I can’t even find a setting where I can tell it to only user extruder2(PVA) for supports
I downloaded a generic model from thingaverse, I scaled it to 69% set supports to touching build plate and layer to .2 22hr in idea maker and 18 in Cura. And most of the models I load in ideamaker are invalid fixing seems to run for hours and does nothing.
I am not ragging on Ideamaker just trying to figure out where the settings are hiding so I can decide which printer to get.

Yes I know I can make a profile in Cura for the Raise3d Pro2

jetdillo

Re: Ideamaker questions

Postby jetdillo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:12 am

First of all, make sure that your printer profile (Under Printer->Current Printer) is set for 2 nozzles.
Now, when you go to slice your model, you should see 2 drop-down selectors: one for Left Extruder, one for Right.
Click on those drop-downs and select the material template from the list of slicing templates.
Then in the slicing profile for your main material, under the Extruder tab, click on "Right" or "Right Extruder" and make sure that the "Enable Right Extruder" box is checked.

For the second part, inside the main Ideamaker UI, there will be another dialog that should say "Left Extruder". Select the part of the model you want to be printed with the Left side and make sure "Left Extruder" is selected in that dialog. Then select all the parts you want to assign to the Right Extruder and select "Right Extruder".

If you just want to make sure that the right side is going to be used for Support, go under the "Support" tab in the Advanced slicer settings menu and make sure that "Right Extruder" is selected for the Support Extruder.

Anyway, that's pretty much off the top of my head, hope it helps.
My suspicion is that you haven't selected a dual-nozzle printer under the "Current Printer" setting and it's hiding a bunch of stuff from you that's only relevant if you have 2 extruders.
HTH!

Belezeebub

Postby Belezeebub » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:04 pm

jetdillo wrote:First of all, make sure that your printer profile (Under Printer->Current Printer) is set for 2 nozzles.
Now, when you go to slice your model, you should see 2 drop-down selectors: one for Left Extruder, one for Right.
Click on those drop-downs and select the material template from the list of slicing templates.
Then in the slicing profile for your main material, under the Extruder tab, click on "Right" or "Right Extruder" and make sure that the "Enable Right Extruder" box is checked.

For the second part, inside the main Ideamaker UI, there will be another dialog that should say "Left Extruder". Select the part of the model you want to be printed with the Left side and make sure "Left Extruder" is selected in that dialog. Then select all the parts you want to assign to the Right Extruder and select "Right Extruder".

If you just want to make sure that the right side is going to be used for Support, go under the "Support" tab in the Advanced slicer settings menu and make sure that "Right Extruder" is selected for the Support Extruder.

Anyway, that's pretty much off the top of my head, hope it helps.
My suspicion is that you haven't selected a dual-nozzle printer under the "Current Printer" setting and it's hiding a bunch of stuff from you that's only relevant if you have 2 extruders.
HTH!

Thank you I had found all of those options before posting but it still won't let me select the support only to go to Right extruder, still working on it

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:04 pm

The Support Extruder option in under Advanced -> Support tab.
You can also enable Dense Support Layer and select Right Extrude loaded with PVA to print on the Dense Support Layers. So that the PVA will only be used on a few layers on each support pillar and all the rest layers are still printed with PLA.
Screenshot_20190726110043.png

Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Belezeebub wrote:To give each printer a fair shake I am loading my models into the default slicer, In Cura I can select which extruder it prints supports from and I can tell it to only use the expensive PVA for the interface layer, before I found this selling I was going through 7 to 10 rolls of PVA a month, I don’t see any settings like this in Ideamaker, currently I can’t even find a setting where I can tell it to only user extruder2(PVA) for supports
I downloaded a generic model from thingaverse, I scaled it to 69% set supports to touching build plate and layer to .2 22hr in idea maker and 18 in Cura. And most of the models I load in ideamaker are invalid fixing seems to run for hours and does nothing.
I am not ragging on Ideamaker just trying to figure out where the settings are hiding so I can decide which printer to get.

Yes I know I can make a profile in Cura for the Raise3d Pro2

Just curious, what type of PVA are you using and what is your setup? I have had some issues with ooze and clogs.

Return to “Software”