Temperature raising as soon as machine turns on

Hussain

Temperature raising as soon as machine turns on

Postby Hussain » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 am

Hi,

Its been a few months of getting 2 Raise3d pro2's , both had a major clog as soon as I got it, recently while trying to remove the clog I heated the nozzles to soften the plastic around the extruder. While removing the plastic the left heater wire had shorted, the exact same thing happened on the other machine. I changed the fuse on one machine and started and it works fine for now. On the other machine the left extruder heats up to 330 C as soon as I put on the machine, I read somewhere that its due to a burnt mosfet. Could someone guide as to how to get it working as soon as possible

Regards,
Hussain.

KS_Husker

Re: Temperature raising as soon as machine turns on

Postby KS_Husker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 am

I am having a similar issue on my printer right now. I'm working with support on a ticket now. I'll let you know what I find out. Luckily mine is still under warrantee.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Normally the heating issue should be related either heater rod itself, or extruder board, or heating rod power cable which is providing power from motion board to extruder board to supply heater rods.
To diagnose the issue faster, I would suggest you make contact with our technicians or the suppliers where you bought the printer from instead of testing different parts on your own side which may cause unnecessarily further damage.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:31 am

It looks like my issue is being narrowed down to the circuit board on the top right of the extruder head. There is a short between the two outer pins where the cable for the heating rod plugs in. On the main board there is no short.

Return to “Pro2 Series”