Postprocessing script from Slic3r to Ideamaker

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Alexandra

Postprocessing script from Slic3r to Ideamaker

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:32 am

Dear all,

I am quite new in the 3D printing and still trying out different slicer software´s.
Does anyone know if there is a way to import a postprocessing script (Python format), originally used for Slic3r, into the slicing software ideamaker?

I am currently working on improving 3D bioprinting for dual extrusion and are therefore using a specific Bioprinter to in-cooperate cells into the ink. The printer hardware isn´t the best and it needs a few specific commands in order to work probably. The developers of the printer provide those as postprocessing script for Slic3r, but since Slic3r isn´t my favorite slicing software and is a little uncomfortable for dual extrusion, I would like to try out ideamaker instead. But I am still struggling with getting an understandable and correct gcode.
Besides I am not quite sure if this configurations are necessary for printing anyways, but I guess theres a good reason for creating this post-processing script in the first point.

I hope you guys can help me with this and sorry for the bad English,
Alexandra

postprocessor.py.txt
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Postprocessing script from Slic3r to Ideamaker

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:49 am

First of all, you will need to edit Printer Settings, including enable omit raisetouch specific gcod. You can find more information from here: https://support.raise3d.com/ideaMaker/8 ... 5-781.html

If there no flowrate calculation, you will need to remove M221 codes from PostProcess.

If you'd like provide some gcode samples and configurations of Slic3r, we can try to see whether there is anything we can advice.

Return to “Software”