Ideamaker slice time

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
sfitz

Ideamaker slice time

Postby sfitz » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Good afternoon

apologises if this has already been requested but when a model is sliced in idea maker we are provided with a rough estimate of time which has been pretty spot on for us.

Could you add an option in the slice preview to tell us how long it would take to print up to a certain layer?

Due to some teething issues we had at the beginning with nozzle clogs etc we havent been brave enough to run a print over night so we print within office hours and pause and resume in the morning which im sure probably isn't the best way to do things but has been working for us apart from pausing it from the touchscreen seems to catch it mid-layer for instance and then there is a noticeable difference when it resumed e.g it looks like it misses parts. where as if i could build into the gcode to pause at layer height i could roughly pinpoint a time to instruct it to pause

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Ideamaker slice time

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:03 am

Instead of knowing when the print can reach to which layer to set an alarm to stop printing, there has a Pause at Height option in ideaMaker can help you.

sfitzpsp

Postby sfitzpsp » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi Vicky,

when i slice the model could you add an option to tell me approx time it would take to reach X height. so lets say i have a 8 hour print window before i need to pause it could i slice the model and then it would tell me that it takes 7 hours to reach a height of 6cm. so that i could input a pause at height for 6cm and so on

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:08 am

Noted. We will add this request into developing list. Due to different model structures and using environment, we think that the estimated time may not be very accurate, but it should can give you a brief range about when you can come back and check the print.

Return to “Software”