Registering scale settings in template

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
Vagulus

Registering scale settings in template

Postby Vagulus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:25 am

Calibrating my Pro2 resulted in a set of scale settings which I have to enter in ideaMaker for each item. Such settings, I assume, are filament material dependent, compensating for shrinkage variations between materials. It would be nice if I could record these settings in a template when I am, for example, printing with PLA in both extruders. Then I could simply slice the model using that template knowing that the appropriate scale compensation will be used - I wouldn't have to remember to manually insert the settings each time.

If I can do that (I am using version 3.4.1.2972) would someone please tell me how, else I think that would be a very helpful addition to the next ideaMaker upgrade.
--------------------------------------------
God so loved the World that
He did not send a Committee

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Registering scale settings in template

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:58 am

ideaMaker has Contours and Holes Compensation under Layer tab in advanced. You can edit these two settings and add into filament override settings under Filament Settings as well.

Vagulus

Postby Vagulus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:06 am

Hi Vicky

Dimensions Compensation under Layers is absolute - it's set in millimetres. Scaling in ideaMaker is on the basis of percentage which makes sense because the bigger the object is the more overall shrinkage there will be. To be of any use, Dimensions Compensation under Layers must also be a percentage value.

BTW: Override Filament Settings in Advanced deals with flowrate, not shrinkage compensation. There will be some interrealtion, but it's not the adjustment I am looking for here.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 am

Notes taken. Thanks for your explanation. We will try to see whether we can develop different solutions in future versions.

Vagulus

Postby Vagulus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 am

All I can hope for, I guess.
Hope it doesn't take too long :)

Return to “Software”