Printing metal and CF filled filaments

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
NDPG

Printing metal and CF filled filaments

Postby NDPG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 am

I was having a hard time getting successful prints with any metal or CF filled filaments on the Pro2 until I switched to a 0.6 mm hardened nozzle. It made a huge difference. For example, I could not get a single print to succeed with GizmoDorks CopperFill until I used the larger diameter now it prints like normal PLA. That's one other benefit of a dual head printer. Left is now 0.4mm for normal filaments and Right 0.6mm for the exotics.

ocelot27

Re: Printing metal and CF filled filaments

Postby ocelot27 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Not sure what "hardened nozzle" you're using using - if it's the one from Raise you will blow the tip out of it in less the 1kg of filament. You really need at least hardened tool steel (A2) or a ruby nozzle to use carbon or glass-filled filaments for any length of time. Even the A2 nozzles blow out fairly quickly. Too bad Raise chose to go with a proprietary nozzle design restricting use of their printers to anything other than coated brass.

You usually need to print filled stuff at higher temps so the fill can smush its way through the nozzle easily - try cranking up the temp.

-john

calex_fr

Re: Printing metal and CF filled filaments

Postby calex_fr » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 pm

I am printing 316LX on N2 steel 0,6 nozzle without problem.
alexandre Contat from France.

http://www.distudio3D.fr

Return to “Printing Settings”