Warping, help!

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
markm

Warping, help!

Postby markm » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm printing these wing structures and having a bad time with warping, meaning several hours into the print, or maybe a couple inches high they begin to lift or curl up on the ends. So these are PLA thin shelled mostly except for the first 2mm where they are two shells. And I will add that the wider the parts are the more the problem. I will say the parts of the print that haven't warped are really stuck to the bed while printing and after.
So what I've tried, all kinds of different temperatures from 190 to 220 and different bed temperatures from 55C to 65C, I've tried with the door open and closed, I've tried glue sticks, I've tried turning off the bed heating after 10 layers and I've not having any luck. I haven't tried a raft yet and but wondering where I can go from here?
Attachments
20190301_163903.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Warping, help!

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:18 pm

I'm not sure whether you can get great success with such thin model printed in that direction. But you can try enable Raft or Brim and see whether it can help you issue or not.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Ditch the BuildTak - it sucks. Try printing in PETG or something else that is less prone to warping.

Get PEI or GeckoTek and make sure to gap the nozzle at 180°C for the nozzle and cold for the bed. Would be nice to at least have the ability to adjust z-offset microsteps at the touch screen... you going to have to get the first layer nailed down fiddling with gapping until they add this feature.

-john

markm

Postby markm » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 pm

Well I did get it to work with just a brim of 5 and on a bare bed, I was surprised with the amount of warping I was seeing but oh well...

sd2

Postby sd2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:34 pm

hello, to reduce it test to add a brim, stop the extruder fan on the firsts layers, make sure the first layer has good adhesion, heat your bed like the materiel recommendations, close the top of your printer and close the door to maintain the temp.

I already have warping, is due the retraction of the material when it cools and the air flow .

(by advance excuse me for my english, i'm french and i don't speak english verry well )

Return to “Printing Settings”