How do I extract worn out hex bolts from a N2dual top shroud and where do I get replacement screws please?

Spikeysonic

How do I extract worn out hex bolts from a N2dual top shroud and where do I get replacement screws please?

Postby Spikeysonic » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:01 am

Im trying to go through tips from raise3D to prevent layer shifting (one which ejected the glass plate). One of the instructions is to lift off the top shroud to be able to get a look at the couplers to see if damged.

However have come across a problem. 3 of the black top shroud screws (2mm hex) appear to have had their hex key 'slots' rounded off so the allen/hex key just turns without removing the bolts.

3d Printer Ribbon cable.jpg

So looking

1) At tips to pull the 3 bolts out and have been suggested super glueing al allen key (ideally an expendable one) in the slot then turning it then trying acetone or super glue dissolver to get the screw off said allen key and clean it.

A reverse thread hex bolt removing kit as well was suggested.

Anyone tried this?

2) is where exactly can I get new hex screws for the top shroud please. maybe a pack of five or six so have a few spares.

ocelot27

Re: How do I extract worn out hex bolts from a N2dual top shroud and where do I get replacement screws please?

Postby ocelot27 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:00 pm

These work pretty well:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GZ17QD9/re ... 8f15906d37

I don't believe the glue thing will work - to much torque.

-john

JohnSays

Re: How do I extract worn out hex bolts from a N2dual top shroud and where do I get replacement screws please?

Postby JohnSays » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Before you go to a lot of trouble, insure that your hex key is in very good shape. The hex key itself may have been damaged and a new one may work. When I have used a hex key for some time -- or a lot of bolts, i grind about 1 or 2 mm off the end to revive it.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Noren

Postby Noren » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 am

If you use superglue you can break the bond with heat from a flame.

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:54 pm

On that subject... I have a horrible feeling said superglu may have got behind the screw where it has its screw threads.

have got a n extraction kit only not sure how to use it especially with the cbale link connection in the way as its the two screws around that

Return to “N Series”