Modifying Printer Firmware

mhanley7

Modifying Printer Firmware

Postby mhanley7 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Hello,

So I am trying to figure out how to modify the firmware on the Pro2 for the preheating it does in the gcode.

As most of you have probably noticed, no matter what you set your left and right nozzles to for a temperature, THEY BOTH heat up to the left nozzle temp. This is a huge problem when I have 2 materials (3DXTech CFR-PA G3 & Raise3d Premium PLA) that have extremely different Tg's. I rarely use the right nozzle and that's why I don't change the material out and I just leave the PLA in the tube, but it seems like a very simple request to get the code to just follow what I have already set it to in the Slice Profile.

I understand it is necessary to have both of the extruders to heat up(As thus far we are still plagued by a machine with no awareness of its tips) so that it can attempt to figure out what nozzle is lower and doesn't rip hard plastic through it.

Even though if you do a load or unload it doesn't heat up both sides and will auto force the nozzles to move, which is precisely what the above problem is intended to do to prevent this........

I have a good understanding of Gcode however I have no idea how to open the Firmware code to modify it.

FWIW, I have already modified the startup.gcode found in Ideamaker, but it is not possible to change this pre-determined code from the firmware.

Zoidsfan77

Re: Modifying Printer Firmware

Postby Zoidsfan77 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 pm

+1

Return to “Pro2 Series”