All templates for RAISE3D N2 - V2 Hot End have dissapeared

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
lylewaters

All templates for RAISE3D N2 - V2 Hot End have dissapeared

Postby lylewaters » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:01 pm

I've been traveling for 2 weeks. I came back and after a quick phone call to tech support to help me clear my left extruder, I was able to print. I already had the g-code for a model on the USB drive so I printed from there. It worked. I wanted to print another (different) model so I started up ideaMaker and when I went to slice, it, I noticed that all of my templates were missing. ALL of them, custom and standard. I clicked on the drop down and selected a N2+ and I could see the 3 standard profiles, but nothing for my N2. I searched the forum and found that John posted that all the templates are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/ideaMaker/profile. This is located in the Users/username/Library/Application Support/ideaMaker/profile. This is not a folder that is visible to ideaMaker, or at least I can't figure out how to make it visible to ideaMaker. In Finder, I can choose to show system files and that exposes this directory to me as the user. I guess I can copy those files to another directory on the computer that ideaMaker can see and solve the immediate problem. However, I'm wondering why these templates have disappeared in the first place.

lylewaters

Re: All templates for RAISE3D N2 - V2 Hot End have dissapeared

Postby lylewaters » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Ok, I figured out how to expose the ~/Library/Application Support/ideaMaker/profile folder. I can now import the templates. However, this is also problematic. There were/are 3 standard templates for the N2 which are High Quality, Standard, and Speed. I created 5 custom templates. When I browse to this folder, there are NO High Quality, Standard, and Speed templates. There is only my 5 custom templates. To make things worse, when I try to import one of my custom templates, it gives it a new name by appending - export at the end of the template name. It won't let me change the name by deleting the extra "- export" off the end because it says that there is already a template with that name (Yes I know this, and I'm trying to use that template!).

I think this is some kind of bug. Hopefully someone can explain why the templates disappeared and how to get them back (all of them, standard ones and my custom ones).

Michael

Postby Michael » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Change to another filament... The templates are tied to the filament selected.
Composite Build Plate for N2 Printers
http://www.newriver.io

lylewaters

Postby lylewaters » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Michael wrote:Change to another filament... The templates are tied to the filament selected.

Yes, I tried this also. This works for everything except what I am trying to do. What I mean by that is yes, I can change the type of filament to something else like "PolyPC 1.75mm" and I see the 3 standard templates. However, I only have Raise 3D filament, 8 spools of Rasise Premium PLA and 1 of Raise ABS. When I select "ABS 1.75mm" there are no default templates. When I select "PLA 1.75mm" there are also no templates. I can import my custom templates, and then they will show up under "PLA 1.75mm", but there is a problem with the naming of the template files as I explained earlier.

I just want to print right now using Raise ABS and there is no template so I have no idea what settings to use. Then when I'm done with that I want to go back to my Raise Premium PLA and now there are no settings for that either.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:19 pm

How about uninstall this software install you have made an absolute disaster of, reboot the computer, and start over fresh by installing the latest?
That would be a lot more logical than this path you are going down now.

lylewaters

Postby lylewaters » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Jetguy wrote:How about uninstall this software install you have made an absolute disaster of, reboot the computer, and start over fresh by installing the latest?
That would be a lot more logical than this path you are going down now.

Yes, so I can uninstall the software (hopefully if their software behaves), and maybe I will get the templates back. I had already tried rebooting to see if that helped and it did not.

Why/how have I made a disaster of this install? I've done nothing out of the ordinary. I've installed it once and upgraded it once. I only have 5 custom templates and have only been printing with PLA. I haven't made a single change to any of the settings. My custom templates are basically raft off, support on, 3 shells, and 25% infill vs. 10%. If making those simple changes and saving them as templates has made this install of software a disaster then I think the software would be a piece of crap. I don't think either is the case here (meaning, I don't think my making 5 custom templates is the reason for these problems nor do I think the software is crap).

I will reinstall the software if it comes to that. However, since others have had similar problems, I wanted to give the people at Raise another data point so they can look into this and maybe find the root cause of the problem. There is a bigger picture here and part of there being a community is for people to provide information that helps others. I'm sorry if you think it is your personal battle space to just attack those that you feel aren't smart enough to be owning equipment like this.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:57 pm

OK, then definitely, since you HATE anything I say, don't do what I just said.
Whatever you do, don't reinstall because I said to do that. Just sit there, stuck and angry.

lylewaters

Postby lylewaters » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Vernon,

I have no idea what I did to piss in your coffee, but this isn't useful to anybody. I will eventually resort to reinstalling the software, but I'm waiting to hear back from someone at Raise in case this is something that they would find some value in. This has nothing to do with me hating you or anything you say, it has everything to do with me trying to learn more about this printer and software and trying to add my experiences to the collective. Believe it or not, I do appreciate your comments, even though I think you are a little bit rough around the edges. I read nearly everything you write because you are a tremendous asset to this community. You have helped COUNTLESS people here whether they post or not, simply reading your comments and advice helps.

Also, I'm not stuck or angry. Well, I'm a little bit stuck because I want to print with Raise ABS and I don't have any profile to work from, but I can probably look at some of the other settings and create a template to start from while I try to search the community for the proper ABS settings.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:21 pm

"I have no idea what I did to piss in your coffee"
Well, your other post might have been the start of it, but really your repeated blast against any answer really make it that much worse.

Aero3D

Postby Aero3D » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi lylewaters

Here is a zip file containing the 3 standard ABS profiles for the N2. Hope it helps.
Attachments
N2_ABS_Profiles.zip
(14.31 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

lylewaters

Postby lylewaters » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Aero3D wrote:Hi lylewaters

Here is a zip file containing the 3 standard ABS profiles for the N2. Hope it helps.

Thanks!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:47 am

Hi Lyle,

Thank you for reporting the error with us.

Please advise whether you have chosen "N2-V2 Hot End" for "Printer Type" and "ABS 1.75mm -V2 Hot End" at the same time.
Please notice that we have two ABS: one is ABS 1.75mm, one is ABS 1.75mm -V2 Hot End.
1.png
1.png (9.39 KiB) Viewed 6474 times

Did you try to reinstall the software for a double check?

timking

Postby timking » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:49 pm

I am replying to this post to also add a data point for Raise3D development/support.
I have the same situation as use Lylewaters. I am using ideaMaker 2.2.0.167 on a MacbookPro running Yosemite 10.10.4. I sliced and printed many times with default and custom profiles for "N2-V2 Hot End" for "Printer Type" and PLA 1.75mm. For the first time, I switched to a different filament profile (Elastic Filament 1.75mm). The next time I started ideaMaker, loaded an object, and wanted to go back to slicing for "PLA 1.75mm", ALL of the default and custom templates are missing in the menu for PLA 1.75mm. I also see that PLA 3.0mm, ABS 1.75mm and ABS 3.0 mm are blank, even though I had never used any of those. I also see that the remaining options do have templates... HIPS, PETG, Poly.
So, as @Lylewaters stated, I am reporting this as a software bug, and I will try to reload the software, templates, etc and see if I can resolve the issue based upon this thread's info.

timking

Postby timking » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:16 pm

BTW, I just reloaded ideaMaker to version 2.2.1.265, and I still have the same symptom of missing templates for all filament types: PLA and ABS for printer: "RAISE3D N2 Plus - V2 Hot End" . Although I just made my library folder visible and see files for the templates under Library/Application Support/ideaMaker/profile, I don't know where to copy them in order to get ideaMaker to recognize and display them in its template selection menus.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:49 am

Please note, N series printers do not use 3mm filament. Only F series printers use it. So if you choose printer type as F series printer, the 3mm template will show.
3mm.png
3mm.png (9.68 KiB) Viewed 6417 times

And we suggest only printing our filament with V1. So that when you choose V2-hotend as your printer type you can see other filament templates there.

But if you choose PLA-1.75 and ABS-1.75 with V2-hotend printer, there will show nothing.
V1-V2.png
V1-V2.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 6417 times

Because these two filament are designed for V1 N series printers. Which has no V2 in its name.
V1.png
V1.png (9.89 KiB) Viewed 6417 times

Only when you choose both V2-hotend N series printer and filament 1.75mm -V2 Hot End.
V2.png
V2.png (10.79 KiB) Viewed 6417 times

There are a lot filament in filament listed there. You need to scroll down to find out the V2 filament.
scroll.png
scroll.png (9.94 KiB) Viewed 6417 times

calex_fr

Postby calex_fr » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:You need to scroll down to find out the V2 filament.
scroll.png

I saw your picture, do you use Linux?
alexandre Contat from France.

http://www.distudio3D.fr

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:09 pm

calex_fr wrote:I saw your picture, do you use Linux?

No. I'm using Windows.

timking

Postby timking » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:55 am

thank you.

Return to “Software”