Binding multiple Prusa MK3S w. Octoprint fails

Arthur

Binding multiple Prusa MK3S w. Octoprint fails

Postby Arthur » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Hello Raise3D Team,

first i want to thank you that you let us try out your RaiseCloud service.
I have multiple Prusa Mk3S, each with a Pi Zero with OctoPi installed. I can reach all 11 Printers via Octoprint and bound each to RaiseCloud with a seperate binding key.

I used this Tutorial: https://cloud.raise3d.com/html/howToBindOcto.html

Is it correct to use a unique binding key for each instance of Octoprint? Or do i have to use the same key for every printer.
After binding the printer i named them all differently.

The problem is that RaiseCloud only shows 5 Printers and the one it shows are somehow random. Only printer: 2,3,6,8,11 are shown.

I tried different things in the last hours, but no succes seeing all 11 Printers in RaiseCloud.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks for your help.

Arthur

Arthur

Re: Binding multiple Prusa MK3S w. Octoprint fails

Postby Arthur » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Hello,

by further trying i found out that the connected printers replace each other. As an example: If only printer 1 is started and connected and then I start printer 2, printer 1 disappears and is replaced by printer 2.

The same happens with printer 4, 5, 7 and 10.

Unfortunately I don't know what else to try.

Thank you very much.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 pm

Each printer will need its onw Raspberry Pi loaded with Octoprint to bind with your RaiseCloud account.
Please make sure each Raspberry Pi has been binded with the same binding key from your team account. If so and the printers are still not listed in the same team, please help export serial log from Octoprinter and share with us.

Arthur

Postby Arthur » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Hello Vicky,

thank you for the reply!
Each Printer has it´s own Raspberry Pi and has been binded with the same binding key. Sadly, it still does not work.
I added the Serial Logs of each printer, maybe you can see something. I also added the octoprint logs of two printers, maybe it helps.

Thanks you!
Arthur
Attachments
serial (3).log
(53.83 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
serial (4).log
(51.2 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
serial (1).log
(13.6 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
serial (2).log
(50.86 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Arthur

Postby Arthur » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Some more logs
Attachments
serial.log
(198 Bytes) Downloaded 42 times
serial (8).log
(277.5 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
serial (9).log
(13.73 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
serial (7).log
(274.26 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
serial (6).log
(51.76 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Arthur

Postby Arthur » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:29 pm

And here the Octoprint log files:
Attachments
octoprint.log
(15.73 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
octoprint (1).log
(16.46 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:21 pm

Sorry for late response.

Please try uninstall the software with the button n the following picture. And try download and install the package in the following link.
Screenshot_20201111142059.png

If there is still issue with the new package, please help export the log and share with us again.

Arthur

Postby Arthur » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:58 pm

Hello Vicky

thank you very much for your help! It works now! Perfect.

Now i will test it!

Thank you.

Arthur

michaelbeljaars

Postby michaelbeljaars » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 pm

I am having the same problem. I am running two octoprint instances per Raspberry Pi, but in docker containers. It is no problem to have two printers connected through 1 Raspberry Pi to Raise Cloud, but when I start binding the printers of the second Pi, the existing printers seem to be replaced or merged with the new printers, ie. there seems to be an interfacing to one printer in Raise Cloud from multiple physical printers.

@Vicky: You refer to a link in your post, but I don't see any?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 pm

If you are running two printers in one docker, please try separate them into two individual dockers and see whether the issue can be solved or not.

michaelbeljaars

Postby michaelbeljaars » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:56 pm

They are already running in different docker containers. Moreover the problem is between printers on different Raspberry pi's. I have Pi #1 running printers 1 & 2 (both in their own container) . They are connected to RaiseCloud. I reinstalled both pi #2 and #3 from scratch, imaging with a new Rasbian OS image and manually installing everything. Pi #2 went well and printers 3 & 4 were added to RaiseCloud. But then when adding printers 5 & 6 (Pi #3), printers 3 & 4 seem to be overwritten by 5 & 6.

Update:
I have added two additional Raspberry Pi's (#4 and #5), with each two Prusa Mini+ printers on Octorprint (in separate containers). The same thing happens when I connect either of those printers to RaiseCloud.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:02 am

Would you mind to help double confirm whether each Octoprint has been bound to one printer or multiple printers?

michaelbeljaars

Postby michaelbeljaars » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Locally everything works fine. I can operate each printer through its own octoprint instance. I can even manage all of them succesfully through Octofarm and all camera feeds work and match the printer they belong to. I have setup a binding of the devices (both printers and webcams) according to the USB port that they are connected to. For each octoprint instance only one printer and one webcam is used (and can be seen) within the respective docker container. If you have any ideas of additional things you want me to check, let me know. As far as I have been able to deduce, the problem originates with the RaiseCloud plugin. Can you say something about what unique identifier the plugin uses in order to distinguish between printers if it is not the binding key (which needs to be the same as I understood from your previous comment)?

michaelbeljaars

Postby michaelbeljaars » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:02 pm

By the way, each time I post something, it takes multiple days for my post to be approved and before it appears, which results in significant delays in our conversation. Is there something we can do about this?

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:17 pm

michaelbeljaars wrote:By the way, each time I post something, it takes multiple days for my post to be approved and before it appears, which results in significant delays in our conversation. Is there something we can do about this?

after 5 post, you will be not moderated before publication ;) So you need only one new post :P

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:44 pm

We recommend to bind one Raspberry Pi with one printer. If you are using multiple printers, please get the same amount of Raspberry Pi.
Here attached source code for Plug-in. We are using the data from netword card in Raspberry Pi to generate machine_id. When the machine_id is the same, the new printer will cover the old printer.

@staticmethod
def get_machine_id():
mac = uuid.UUID(int=uuid.getnode()).hex[-12:]
mac_add = ":".join([mac[e:e + 2] for e in range(0, 11, 2)])
tmp = []
for i in mac_add.split(':'):
tmp.append(i)
new_tmp = "%s%s%s%s%s%s" % tuple(tmp)
machine_id = int(new_tmp, 16)
return machine_id

michaelbeljaars

Postby michaelbeljaars » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:53 pm

Thanks for sharing this part of the code. As I have mentioned before, the interference is between printers on different Raspberry Pi's, not between printers on the same Pi (which you would expect given that the printer is identified using the MAC address of the Pi).

I think the problem arises because Docker sometimes uses the same MAC address for some of its containers. I will try manually assigning MAC addresses in my docker-compose file.

michaelbeljaars

Postby michaelbeljaars » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:32 am

I was able to fix the issue. To summarize:

Hardware
- 5 Raspberry Pi's 3B+
- 10 Prusa Mini+
- 10 Logitech C270

On each Raspberry Pi
- 2 Prusa Mini+
- 2 Logitech C270
- mapping of USB ports to fixed dev paths using udev rules
- 2 docker containers each running Octoprint, assigning each container its own MAC address

Important is to have the different MAC addresses assigned BEFORE installing the RaiseCloud plugin. I suspect that the part of the code above that generates the unique identifier runs during installation of the plugin. Otherwise, you need to remove the plugin (and all data) en reinstall it after you have updated the docker MAC address.

Return to “RaiseCloud”