Which print speed setting should be changed?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Blamejane

Which print speed setting should be changed?

Postby Blamejane » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Newbie question here...

When I read that a particular filament needs an adjustment for speed, exactly which speed values should be changed? For example, I am printing with PETG (Matterhackers) and have read that I should start with a profile for PLA and adjust the speed to 50mm/s. Looking at the PLA profile I started with, the default speed is already 50mm/s (which is perfect), but what about the bottom fill speed, the infill speed and the bridge speeds? Those are all set to 60mm/s. Should they also be adjusted? Just curious what's normally done for all of the "offending" speed values.

Thanks.

Markus64

Re: Which print speed setting should be changed?

Postby Markus64 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:53 pm

This can help you. It is a pity that it is not part of ideaMaker!

https://3doptimizer.com/

Blamejane

Postby Blamejane » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 pm

Markus64 wrote:This can help you. It is a pity that it is not part of ideaMaker!

https://3doptimizer.com/

Thanks for this link, it's an excellent resource. I signed-up for a free trial, and have been tuning/testing since. My test prints are getting great results.

Markus64

Postby Markus64 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 pm

Great if I could help you! I will probably register there for a month and determine all the data for my filaments. It's a real shame that ideaMaker doesn't offer such great solutions.

Return to “Printing Settings”