First time leveling having problems

Blamejane

First time leveling having problems

Postby Blamejane » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:05 pm

So I just rec'vd my pro2 plus and printed a few things, noticing some corners warping up when I print a 2 inch by 3 inch flat bottom box, one especially. Per the manual these arrive pre-leveled, but due to shipping I should check if the bed is level. So after setting x/y/z to home, I moved the print head to x50 and y10. Using the included .2mm feeler there is no resistance under the left nozzle. Adjusting the thumb-screw up or down doesn't seem to do anything in terms of adding resistance to the feeler gauge. WTF? Okay maybe it does do "something" but not enough to add resistance between the nozzle and the platform.

What do I do now?
Am I only supposed to do this one corner? I've read on this forum that it takes some people all day to level their print beds? I wasn't able to level it at all in my mind, but even so it took a few minutes to test/adjust. Is there a more thorough explanation of how/what to do? What's the return policy on a $6k printer if this can't be fixed.

Markus64

Re: First time leveling having problems

Postby Markus64 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:28 pm

Just so that I understand you correctly: have you tried that yet?

https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series/how-to-calibrate-the-nozzle-height-4-223.html

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:32 am

I want to ask you to go through the following video with your printer first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPNr4Gz ... e=youtu.be
Then check whether the result improves or not. If not, whether the issue is only with Right nozzle prints or with the prints printed by both nozzle.

ccclarke

Postby ccclarke » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Markus64 wrote:Just so that I understand you correctly: have you tried that yet?

https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series/how-to-calibrate-the-nozzle-height-4-223.html

This "official" Raise3D procedure linked is riddled with mistakes including pictures with errors. The video that Vicky referenced is much more accurate.

I've attached a procedure I created which should clear up any confusion. Everything is easy once you know how!

How to Calibrate the Nozzle Height.docx
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 34 times

CCC
Male Modeler / Sub-Human

Blamejane

Postby Blamejane » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Thanks everyone with the help. I will watch the video that Vicki linked. Again thanks. :)

ccclarke

Postby ccclarke » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Just remember, the leveling adjustment screw is positioned to interact with the optical sensor for the Z axis. You have to press the Z-axis Home icon to move the bed after each thumbscrew adjustment.

Homing the bed plate Z-axis position relative to the (left extruder nozzle) takes only a couple of minutes. After that, the secondary (right hot end) nozzle is lowered electrically, then manually positioned with the collet clamp screw loosened until it rests on the feeler gauge with the bed plate still at the homed position. Once the right hot end height is set, tighten the collet clamp screw, reinstall the fans and you're good to go.

Just remember the three main workflow steps:

1. Position the bed distance to the left nozzle using the thumbscrew and feeler gauge, while Homing after each thumbscrew adjustment.
2. Lower the right hot end electrically.
3. Loosen the right side hot end collet clamp until it is aligned with the feeler gauge, then tighten the hot end collet clamp.
Male Modeler / Sub-Human

Blamejane

Postby Blamejane » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks, it was definitely hitting the z-home button after each turn of the adjustment screw that solved it.

Return to “Pro2 Series”