ideaMaker 3.5.0-Beta Release Notes

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

ideaMaker 3.5.0-Beta Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Dear all,

We have released the new version of ideaMaker 3.5.0 Beta today.

Release Notes:
New requested features and debugging based on user feedback.

Read More
https://www.raise3d.com/news/ideamaker-3-5-0-beta-release-notes/
Download ideaMaker 3.5.0 Beta: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

Note: Since we have added a lot new features in this version, it may include some unknown bugs. If you have an important task to slice with, we still recommend you to use the current official version 3.4.2. Quick link: ideaMaker 3.4.2 https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

DeX

Re: ideaMaker 3.5.0-Beta Release Notes

Postby DeX » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:42 pm

Wow, nice! So much to test ^_^

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Small typo in your text ;-) not 3.4.0 Beta but 3.5.0 Beta I guess ;-)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Stevie wrote:Small typo in your text ;-) not 3.4.0 Beta but 3.5.0 Beta I guess ;-)

Thanks for point out. Issue fixed.

Nibber

Postby Nibber » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:03 am

This is looking gooood!

With Dense support (both manual and automatic) I get some of the main support coming into contact with the model. Its much much worse doing it in the slicing profile.

Capture.PNG

Settings are:
3mm pillars
0 mm Horizontal offset
5mm Dense support
100% dense support infill

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Please try if you modify the Horizontal Offset from 0 to some other values whether the result will change or not.

DeX

Postby DeX » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Is an update already being prepared?

I returned to IM from S3D and really like it's print quality and like great new features.
But unfortunately it has many little annoying things and crashing things here and there =(

It is does not save my print profiles...
it is crashed...
It is appears inappropriate dialog windows...
upload-export.JPG

annoyinf.JPG

Is an update already being prepared?

Is it possible to change this settings with a mouse scroll ? (no need to click and clcik and cklikc)
scroll.png

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:12 am

We would prefer using mouse clicking instead of scroll wheel to select the values to avoid mishandling.
About the other issues you mentioned, would you like to give us more information?

DeX

Postby DeX » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:30 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We would prefer using mouse clicking instead of scroll wheel to select the values to avoid mishandling.
About the other issues you mentioned, would you like to give us more information?

to deprive me of the opportunity to scroll the idea too so-so. (thanks to GoogleTranslate) =)

I just started to use IM (again, give it another chance lol) and will discover issues...
main thing is deliver it to you. find a time to came here and wrote some issue down.. on overseas language.. uhh
well

I just received my first results with IRONING feature ! IT IS WORKED GREAT! LOVE IT !
Small features works not great but very useful.
I'm in love with the hiding seams feature !

upd1.
I could save the slicing template only from the Simple Mode =/ you know that?
all more curious and curious! ha-ha

upd2.
It’s time to do something with these movements before Infill starts. All these spreading plastic... argh
infills.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:23 pm

When switch over to advanced mode, click ok/save it will save the changes.

DeX

Postby DeX » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:40 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:When switch over to advanced mode, click ok/save it will save the changes.

excuse me, it is saves but without save as option and with "(not saved)" in the template name.
coz it's beta?!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Save as button will only show under Simple Mode. Not Saved will only shown when Slice with unsaved templates option enabled under Preferences.

DeX

Postby DeX » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:43 am

как то сложновато. плюс ещё настройки по слоям или группам.. а если с модификаторами!? ЭТО всё сохраняется?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:42 am

Per-layer, Per-group settings and Modifier settings are separate from main template according to different models. They will be saved together with .idea file. So if you enabled Save idea file these settings will be save in .idea file automatically.

DeX

Postby DeX » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:57 am

1. Would be useful to had *.idea files thumbnails in windows explorer (and other platforms) ;)
2. Would be great if IdeaMaker wouldn't close itself while there is a uploading still going on.
3. I've got slicing issue: I used 8 bottom and 8 top solid fill layers (as lines) with 3 top and 3 bottom surfaces solid fill (as concentric) but I get 1st layer as lines and then 2 layers as concentric. At top it works right (5 as lines and 3 as concentric)
4. Align together command works not great. Just place my models out of the bed...
5. Would be useful to use Place On Platform for all models at all heights and put it to bed. As for now it works like with a Group of the models... I need to select every model and put in on the table.. =/

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:04 pm

1. Tanks for your suggestions! This feature has been added into our developing list.
2. We will try to optimize this in futur versions.
3. Please check your Per-layer settings. Or if you'd like to share your .idea and .gcode files with us we can help check.
4. The Align together will ue the original position of the models when they were designed.
5. To carry out some operations for a group of models at one time will have an issue that the relative position for each model need to be kept the same as it was before the operation. So it's not possible to do a Z direction change at the same time for all models at one time.

DeX

Postby DeX » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:28 am

6. A little convenience: you DO NOT need to select a model to Auto Ungroup it IF there is only ONE model on the table ;) m?

Thomllama

Postby Thomllama » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Do we have a final release date? been using it for some time, everything seems to work well.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:37 am

We are planning to relase a new version either on March or April.

Cotty

Postby Cotty » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:22 pm

DeX wrote:6. A little convenience: you DO NOT need to select a model to Auto Ungroup it IF there is only ONE model on the table ;) m?

Please do the same for the Duplicate tool so that if there is only one model on the build plate, it automatically selects that model for duplication.

Thank you for updating the Duplicate function so that it fills in empty spots instead of placing parts outside the printable are. :D

Could a [fill the bed] button be added to the "Number of copies" dialog box that would calculate the largest array of duplicates that would fit in the printable area, create that many copies, and center that array in the printable area?
There is still the issue that the alignment of the duplication grid is based on the location of the original model. If the original part's location, doesn't align with the theoretical max-fit duplication grid, the duplicator will place copies outside the printable area. Usually this issue crops up when you are trying to duplicate an object in the default center placement that would fit best with with an even number of rows or columns. (see attachments)

Attached: duplicating 31 Benchys from center origin (places parts outside the printable area) and from an offset of X32 Y17.5 (centers parts on bed)
Attachments
duplicated from center.png
duplicated from offset.png

Return to “Software”