Second extruder warms up itself

DeX

Second extruder warms up itself

Postby DeX » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:33 am

During printing, the second extruder (heating cylinder) spontaneously heated to red (no termosensor around). Need to stop everything.
Never before. R3DN2DPlus. Configured and flashed like the other several printers. I use only left extruders.
Before this incident, there were problems a few last times: the printer stopped during printing and just stood there, did not respond to touchscreen commands. After power down and up (with button on the back) it shows up standard Print Recovery menu and the message about POWER LOSS...

It is all looks like that:
IMG_20191015_082622.jpg

IMG_20191015_081405.jpg

So the questions are why I've got power loss errors and why right extruder going warm up.

What does the reputable raisers community think about it? Thanks a lot!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Second extruder warms up itself

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 pm

If you are not going to use Second Nozzle for the moment, comparing with leaving heater rod and temperature sensor out separately which makes the sensor can read actual heater's temperature to stop heating over limitation. I would more recommend you use the Single-Version firmware. Which will block the second nozzle.

sperman

Postby sperman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 am

When I removed the 2nd extruder I removed everything. I had to put a resistor in place of the thermistor so the controller didn't think there was a problem.

DeX

Postby DeX » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If you are not going to use Second Nozzle for the moment, comparing with leaving heater rod and temperature sensor out separately which makes the sensor can read actual heater's temperature to stop heating over limitation. I would more recommend you use the Single-Version firmware. Which will block the second nozzle.

Ok, I already downloaded the single versions for that.

But I printed with that set about 2 years now and it goes fine with other five n2s .
But that Plus! Why it is stopped while printing? :( its all began with that?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 am

As you have mentioned that when you found printing stops, the touchscreen is not responding. The all system was down. It sounds like the touchscreen board crashed at that moment. If similar issue happens on your printer very frequently, you may need to consider to swap the touchscreen.
The heating can be caused by a lot different factors, it can be the touchscreen sending out wrong heating code to nozzle. It can be the motion board or the extruder baord is sending out wrong code. It can be some wires related shorted. The safest way to disable the heating function to the used nozzle.

Return to “N Series”