Questioning Pro2 Product Quality - Ongoing Issues

KS_Husker

Re: Questioning Pro2 Product Quality - Ongoing Issues

Postby KS_Husker » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Naser404 wrote:
Wait till you need to replace the touch screen, its about $1000, thats what happened to mine and i just wont replace it and will have to settle for remote use.

Ya, I just decided to let this thing be a brick for now until I decide what to do with it. Probably better to just sell it as is and get what I can out of it. I'm buying a $250 printer on ebay instead of these boards, that will work just as good (actually better) than this pro2. I can't even make it work with just one extruder because of the messed up way they have the thing configured and designed. That really sucks!!

Hope others learn from this and steer clear. I don't know why they can't just sell you the replacement parts at their cost instead of trying to gouge their customers for even more money when it's their own fault that these things are failing. I think by brushing around the heating element to clean the extruder, it shorted something out on the boards. Why should that cause an issue. That's just stupid!!

batab

Postby batab » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:01 pm

KS_Husker wrote:I just found out that my printer needs a new extruder board and motion controller board. Another $470 and it is still within the year that I purchased the machine but they only warranty things that actually may fail for 90 days so neither are covered. NICE!!!

I have to say I am very disappointed. This is also after I found out that I had a runaway heating rod that could have burned my house down if I didn't stay and watch the machine start the print. I had heard this could be an issue and figured they had it fixed by now. All firmware and software was up to date also. Way to go Raise3D!! I was pushing everyone I knew to buy one of these printers and now I will be doing the opposite. Very dangerous machine, and poorly conceived. Also ridiculous that they won't cover things like this and don't have a better way to keep them protected from failure. I should never have to spend this kind of money to get this machine going again. That's a huge chunk of the total cost of the machine.

Wait, what? If the failure is not due to customer misuse, it must be covered with a 1-year warranty. Unless you bought it from "weird" resellers.

I think you should re-contact the R3D support or their local distributor.

Heckler

Postby Heckler » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:51 am

If they would just open source the firmware the community would fix a good portion of the issues, what are they trying to protect? failure?

Return to “Pro2 Series”