Runaway Heate on Heater Rod as soon as machine is turned on (VERY DANGEROUS)

KS_Husker

Runaway Heate on Heater Rod as soon as machine is turned on (VERY DANGEROUS)

Postby KS_Husker » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:27 pm

I need an immediate fix. As soon as my machine is turned on the heater rod on the RH extruder heats uncontrollably. I took it out of the extruder to see if it was shorting to something on the thermocoupler and it is not. It heats and gets glowing red hot unless you turn the machine at the switch.

This is a very dangerous situation and one that I read could be a possibility on this machine but I had hoped that after all this time and the updates to the firmware and software this would have been corrected. I'm very disappointed. I can't believe there isn't a fail-safe in the firmware for this.

Please help me to figure out what is going on and how to get this corrected ASAP!!

Thank you

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Runaway Heate on Heater Rod as soon as machine is turned on (VERY DANGEROUS)

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:59 am

Does the screen show the same high temperature as well or only the real temperature of nozzle is rising screen doesn't show real temperature?
Does the issue only happen on right nozzle or you also see the similar issue happen on left side?

I would recommend you open a support ticket or call us a call if you are in US to figure out the solution as soon as possible.
Please do not let the printer on alone until the issue has been solved in case overheating.

KS_Husker

Re: Runaway Heate on Heater Rod as soon as machine is turned on (VERY DANGEROUS)

Postby KS_Husker » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:56 am

Yes the screen shows the temperature continuing to climb uncontrollably. It does come up with an error on the screen but still keeps heating like crazy.

I will try to call your support tomorrow. Thank you for the quick response! I didn't think I would hear from you until tomorrow at least.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Saw your "Fire" Emergency icon yesteraday, so I thought you might have some really big issue need some ideas as soon as possible.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 pm

I put the flames because this is a very dangerous situation. Sometimes I turn the machine on and select a print and trust that it is going to start the print as normal with no issues and walk away and check it a few hours later when I have time. (Since the heated bed takes FOREVER to heat up).

If I had done that this time, this thing would have burned my house down!!

This is insane. I just tested it again by turning it on with the heating rod and prob back in the extruder block. It heated up to 330C quickly and kept going but would not register any extra heat but smoke started rolling out around the hot end from any left over stuff around the extruder. There was no warning or anything. This is EXTREMELY dangerous. Other users need to know to watch out for this. I'm scared to ever start the print and walk away again now. So that is why I think the Emergency icon is warranted here.

I will call support now. I just wanted to update your message here.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 pm

Thanks for your update!
Hope the defective parts can be found out soon.

Skyline41rus

Postby Skyline41rus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:00 am

unfinished, raw printer

Return to “Pro2 Series”