Printing settings (layers,raft,speed...) for other nozzle sizes

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
AFTECH

Printing settings (layers,raft,speed...) for other nozzle sizes

Postby AFTECH » Thu May 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi everybody
I'm using my Pro 2 plus since the last summer.
I've bought the different nozzle size : 0.2 to 1.0mm but i didn't yet found the right settings to use them so i keep on using the 0.4 mm nozzle.
What a pity that we don't yet have some settings in IM to have directly the good settings according to the nozzle size.
Is it posible to have a document explaining what settings and how must be changed when we change the nozzle size ?
1st layer height, raft height, speed, flowrate...

Thanks in advance
Raise 3D Pro 2 +

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Printing settings (layers,raft,speed...) for other nozzle sizes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Sorry for lack of information.
The two settings you must change after swapping nozzle size will be the nozzle diameter under Printer Settings and Extrusion Width in main template.
For non-0.4mm nozzle, we would recommend do not print with Raft as the default Raft settings are tuned with 0.4mm nozzle.
And you will also need to slow down the printing speed and increase printing temperature to deal with the larger extrusion amount and pressure for the other size nozzles.

For the request of default settings for different nozzle, I will forward your needs to developing team.

Return to “Printing Settings”