second clogged extruder, poor support. Disappointed and calling it quits

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
jevans

second clogged extruder, poor support. Disappointed and calling it quits

Postby jevans » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:59 am

I wanted to be impressed with Raise3D, really. The build volume and dual extrusion of the N2 Plus were the most attractive features of this printer, but if the printer doesn't work, they're useless.

After clogging one nozzle printing Raise3D filaments with default settings, I disassembled it for cleaning, breaking a nozzle and costing another $100.00 and two spools of filament beyond the $4,000.00 I've already spent. After getting one successful print from the second extruder and having it clog again before replacement parts arrive, I will not be risking breaking another hot end cleaning this one out and will instead be returning the N2 Plus.

I shouldn't have to make modifications like upgrading extruders to get a printer that functions more than a week or two without problems and I am simply not willing to rely on technology that isn't reliable for my business.

To be fair, I was extrememy happy with the results I did get and I said as much on this forum. But the fact it was missing screws, needed grease, the amount of clogs, grinding, oozing, failed prints and lack of real support leave no real choice.

Finally, when I broke the hot end, which I always admitted was my fault, and agreed to pay for another, I was blamed for bending one of the heating rods which i did not. I agreed to pay 100 for the hot end, but asked that R3D pick up the 4 bucks for the heating rod. That email was never answered, which reinforces my decision to return it. It seems a 4 dollar part is more important than customer satisfaction..

I get it R3D. I wish I could say it's been fun.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: second clogged extruder, poor support. Disappointed and calling it quits

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:49 am

Confirmed with support team, the ticket 2040# has been replied before.
And the newly created ticket 2059# two hours ago has been already assigned to local support engineer, will follow up in time.
For the no replied mail, would you like to advise which mail address you sent mail to? We will check what happen with that address.
Sorry for late reply.

jevans

Postby jevans » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:31 pm

I emailed directly with Mike P. When filling the ticket for the first clogged hot end and was told I'd need to purchase another.

Michael.P@Raise3D

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:15 pm

I have looked in my email system, I have no record of receiving an email from your account. My comments on purchasing a heater rod was in the previous post. Could you check to see if you used the email address of michael.p@raise3d.com if you used just michael@raise3d.com it will not come to me.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

jevans

Postby jevans » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 pm

I am away from my desk for the rest of the day. I responded to michael.p@ Raise3D to whatever message you sent telling me I had to purchase a new hot end. I'm not really interested in he said she said at this point, I am just looking to either resolve this or return it and move on. For 4,000.00 i would expect better.

Return to “General”