first of all, thank you for Ideamaker!
I am printing on a CR-10, just for reference.
And this is the second try to post this, first did not get posted in the thread somehow.
When starting to print 3DBenchy lately to tweak my settings I ran into the problem that the chimney always came out completely broken.
To test things out I first edited 3DBenchy with Tinkercad, I replaced the boat with a hollow collumn to speed things up, only keeping the chimney as it is and at the original Z position.
At this point I was convinced that something with my printer is not right.
This came out fine though.
Then I made a cut of the roof with Ideamaker and exported it:
To compare things I also loaded this .stl into Tinkercad and exportet it without changing anything:
This resulted in a smaller .stl file and more importantly in a print with the same settings that was okay.
After several tests I ended up with these:
On the left is what I get with my profile and the 3DBenchy_1.stl from Ideamaker 3.04 Beta.
In the middle is what I get with the exakt same profile but Ideamaker 220.127.116.115.
On the right is the resulting print sliced with Slic3r Prusa edition 1.38.3.
Yes, to be fair, my Ideamaker profile obviously needs some tweaks in regards to that Slic3r profile.
This is not the point though.
I just used this profile for all my tests unchanged to make things compareable.
Something makes Ideamaker 3 trip over that triangles from the original chimney that Ideamaker 2 has no problem with.
And when using the much smaller and slightly broken that I got when importing the first one into Tinkercad and just exporting it again, the result with Ideamaker 3 is pretty much the same as the print with and Ideamaker 2.
I really do like Ideamaker but this was not nice.
And relaying two requests from the German facebook group I was discussing that in:
- make Ideamaker use more than one process (not sure why though
- variable layer heights (and adding to that, what about different layer heights for Infill and Shell..)
Plus when looking at Slic3r, some more options for the infill grid would be nice.