Raise3D ABS + XY Size compensation

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
schuema

Re: Raise3D ABS + XY Size compensation

Postby schuema » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:56 am

Perfect! You really do a good job. I love your work and the slicer ;-)

Dave92F1

Postby Dave92F1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:13 pm

zemlin wrote:In general my maximum tolerance on large or small, inside or outside features is less than .1mm.

Thank you so much for posting this! I printed your calibration cross and am getting a strange Z axis profile - the middle layers are smaller than the top and bottom (see photo).

Any suggestions?

IMG_20200730_121042.jpg

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:48 pm

You might have a few things going on.
Being too close on your first layer can create an "elephant foot" on the model - expansion at the build plate.
Over-extrusion can also push out the perimeter where solid layers are being printed.
Too much heat on the build plate can also warp the sidewalls of the model with PLA.

Very old-skool keyboard there. Got an 8088 in that box?

Dave92F1

Postby Dave92F1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:28 pm

Thanks. I just got the printer (Pro2 Plus) a few days ago - I have less than 10 prints on it.

I'm using the Raise3D PLA that was suppiled with the printer, default settings. Strangely enough, today I printed your test model again (expanded it in Z to 10mm) using the red filament on the other extruder (also Raise3D PLA, default - exact same settings as the first one) - that one came out considerably smaller and doesn't have the elephant foot. Haven't measured it yet, but it's obvious. Strange!

zemlin wrote:Very old-skool keyboard there. Got an 8088 in that box?

No it's a Ryzen 7 3800X - quite fast. But I really like the old clicky keyboards. It's what I spend all day typing on ; worth investing in.

I'll measure and post more later...

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 am

Even in injection molded plastics, color has a significant impact on part size. With the same material, same color, a different material lot can result in print differences. Different moisture levels, there are all kinds of factors that come into play - some we have control over, some we don't. Your results are really not strange at all. You'll get it figured out.

Return to “Printing Settings”