Slight Over extrusion at start of external parameter

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Zubair

Slight Over extrusion at start of external parameter

Postby Zubair » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi I’ve been using idea maker for quite a while on all my machines (ender 3,pro,v2, s1 and cr10v3). I am facing an issue where when the external parameter start after completing the internal parameter the printer gives slight overshoot or over extrusion, which is prominent for few mm and the merges with the rest of the layers. I have done every thin to control it but nothing seems to work . Note that i have already turned off retract before outer wall and retract at layer change. Also aligning the seam reduces it alot but thats not a solution i need a proper solution because some models are complex enough that the seam does not align well and hence cause irregular z wall. Please help me out on this as i don’t to shift on any other slicer. I am attaching a snapshot for reference

GonzoG

Re: Slight Over extrusion at start of external parameter

Postby GonzoG » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:55 pm

It's a problem cause by printer.
Extruder accelerates much faster then x/y axes so it extrudes more filament at the beginning of line.
Similar thing happens on sharp corners or end of line, where x/y axes start to decelerate and extruder still extrudes at full speed.
In Marlin firmware there's a feature called "Linear Advance" that is used to help with this problem.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 am

Can you share some pictures of the issue you are having so we can see what may be occuring?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:07 am

Can you share some pictures of the print result?

Return to “Printing Settings”