Pushing the Pro2 speed?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
JetForMe

Pushing the Pro2 speed?

Postby JetForMe » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:51 am

I'm still fairly inexperienced at 3D printing. I haven't sat down and tried printing a series of small prints faster and faster, but I suppose I should. It seems the printer can go quite a bit faster than the "Speed - Pro2 - PLA" preset it comes with. I've just increased all my speeds approximately 50% and it seems to still be printing fine with a 0.4 mm nozzle. I'm working on a part with features as small as 0.8 mm, and some positioning to 0.5 mm, but there’s some tolerance there. I also don’t care too much about print quality, so long as the parts fit together (it's a little clamshell enclosure for some electronics).

Does anyone have any idea what the speed limits might be? Here’s where I am currently (with 90% extruder flowrate, not sure where that came from). It's still printing, but seems to be going well.

PNG image.png

Does anyone have good numbers, or other advice for reducing total print time? Thanks!

Return to “Printing Settings”