getting closer for minis

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
lt72884

getting closer for minis

Postby lt72884 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Ok, i have been trying to get ideamaker to print minis. I have only used IM for larger parts and used cura for minis. I would like to get rid of cura and stick with one slicer if possible:)

Im supper close to great minis, the issue is blobs at the start of new layers and seam hiding. I have the seam set to nearest and on reflex or convex. minimal segment length is 0.02mm, wipe distance is 5mm, coasting 0.25mm

i am on a tevo tornado. I do not have stringing issues as of yet.

retraction:
speed is 50
amount is 6.8
min travel is 0.6
restart speed is 40

what else can i do to hide the seam as well as less blobs?

thanks

Kevin@Raise3D

Re: getting closer for minis

Postby Kevin@Raise3D » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:34 am

lt72884 wrote:Ok, i have been trying to get ideamaker to print minis. I have only used IM for larger parts and used cura for minis. I would like to get rid of cura and stick with one slicer if possible:)

Im supper close to great minis, the issue is blobs at the start of new layers and seam hiding. I have the seam set to nearest and on reflex or convex. minimal segment length is 0.02mm, wipe distance is 5mm, coasting 0.25mm

i am on a tevo tornado. I do not have stringing issues as of yet.

retraction:
speed is 50
amount is 6.8
min travel is 0.6
restart speed is 40

what else can i do to hide the seam as well as less blobs?

thanks

You may try adjusting the settings in IdeaMaker Advanced Settings shown below:
IdeaMaker > Slice > Manage Templates > double click preferred template > Layer > Layer Start Point > Extra Restart Amount > -0.1

If the quality is better, you may try increasing the negative value.

Return to “Printing Settings”