solid fill settings to keep a smooth external surface

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Wokkywokky

solid fill settings to keep a smooth external surface

Postby Wokkywokky » Sat May 01, 2021 7:09 pm

I have an E2 and have a particular part we print which has a thin wall (3 extrusion widths across, so two external passes and one internal pass. The issue I have is that I have a section which thickens up slightly and the internal solid fill goes from being concentric circles to zig zagging lines and this causes a surface defect and ruins the excellent surface finish for the rest of the part. I have tried various settings and had no luck in changing things removing or alter the zig zagging. Any ideas?

The two images below show the thin section with concentric solid fill circles and the slightly thicker section with the zig zagging solid fill

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: solid fill settings to keep a smooth external surface

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 04, 2021 3:20 am

The images are not loaded up properly.
You can try Allow Filling Gaps using Single Extrusion option.

Wokkywokky

Postby Wokkywokky » Thu May 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Thanks Vicky that solved it.

It would be great if there was more information on all the options in ideamaker. Maybe a master class series to give some indepth training?

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu May 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Wokkywokky wrote:Thanks Vicky that solved it.

It would be great if there was more information on all the options in ideamaker. Maybe a master class series to give some indepth training?

Thank you for the feedback.

Return to “Printing Settings”