Gaps in the first layer Raise 3D E2 - Raise 3D E2 PLA filament

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
aimeri42

Gaps in the first layer Raise 3D E2 - Raise 3D E2 PLA filament

Postby aimeri42 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Dear all,

I have been trying to print some specimens to test. However, the first layer quality is very bad. There are gaps between the shells and the beads. I have tried with different settings profiles, but still cant figure to solve it. Attached are the pictures from two different prints.
I have tried to increase the extrusion width to 0.45 (0.4 mm nozzle) and the flowrate to 105%. The print temp and bed temp are 215C and 55C, respectively. Could you please help me on solving this issue.

Thanks,

aimeri42
Attachments
picforforum1.JPG
31B2E155-A122-484B-AD67-BF42D8EF9D88.jpeg
6EA15848-CCF1-461D-A9CB-E355C3A91B5D.jpeg

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Gaps in the first layer Raise 3D E2 - Raise 3D E2 PLA filament

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:01 am

aimeri42 wrote:Dear all,

I have been trying to print some specimens to test. However, the first layer quality is very bad. There are gaps between the shells and the beads. I have tried with different settings profiles, but still cant figure to solve it. Attached are the pictures from two different prints.
I have tried to increase the extrusion width to 0.45 (0.4 mm nozzle) and the flowrate to 105%. The print temp and bed temp are 215C and 55C, respectively. Could you please help me on solving this issue.

Thanks,

aimeri42

For clarification, is there a reason that you are printing directly onto the build platform and not onto the build plate that was included with the machine. Without a flat buildplate the ABL probe will not get detect accurate measurements causing your Z-offset as well as the bed leveling to be incorrect.

aimeri42

Postby aimeri42 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:30 am

I changed the buildtak with borosilicate glass sheet for better print quality. I did bed level it.
However, I was having these same problems in the buildtak as well. But I managed to fix the problem. The z-offset was lower than it should have been. So that fixed it.
Last edited by aimeri42 on Tue May 04, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

aimeri42

Postby aimeri42 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:51 pm

For clarification, is there a reason that you are printing directly onto the build platform and not onto the build plate that was included with the machine. Without a flat buildplate the ABL probe will not get detect accurate measurements causing your Z-offset as well as the bed leveling to be incorrect.

I changed the build plate with the borosilicate glass sheet for better print quality. The build plate or the glass sheet were not the issue since I had same problems in the build plate included with the machine as well. But turns out that in both cases my Z-offset was lower than it should. So I fixed that and now I have much better print quality.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu May 13, 2021 11:24 pm

aimeri42 wrote:

I changed the build plate with the borosilicate glass sheet for better print quality. The build plate or the glass sheet were not the issue since I had same problems in the build plate included with the machine as well. But turns out that in both cases my Z-offset was lower than it should. So I fixed that and now I have much better print quality.

Thank you for the clarification. Based on the image you provided it definitely looked like your Z-offset was too far away from the bed. If you adjusted it correctly you should be achieving a much better print result.

Return to “Printing Settings”