Strange Layer shifting?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
fresh air

Strange Layer shifting?

Postby fresh air » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:58 am

Hello to all,

I have a special layer shifting problem with the Rais3D Pro 2. I have been printing with this printer for almost 3 years with very good results. However, for some time now I have had serious problems printing somewhat larger components, as layer shifting seems to occur at random. It is interesting that there is always an offset of about 22-23mm. I have already checked the toothed belts and gears, they are firmly seated. I can also rule out layer shifting due to detaching components, as the adhesion is very good. Maybe someone has some ideas where the fault could lie? Could it also be a problem with the stepper drivers or the stepper motor itself?
Many thanks in advance for your answers!
Attachments
1619592707659.jpg
1619592707649.jpg
1619592707638.jpg
1619592707621.jpg

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Strange Layer shifting?

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:03 am

fresh air wrote:Hello to all,

I have a special layer shifting problem with the Rais3D Pro 2. I have been printing with this printer for almost 3 years with very good results. However, for some time now I have had serious problems printing somewhat larger components, as layer shifting seems to occur at random. It is interesting that there is always an offset of about 22-23mm. I have already checked the toothed belts and gears, they are firmly seated. I can also rule out layer shifting due to detaching components, as the adhesion is very good. Maybe someone has some ideas where the fault could lie? Could it also be a problem with the stepper drivers or the stepper motor itself?
Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Can you please try to disable the motors and manually move the printhead around by hand? When you are moving the printhead do you notice any types of odd clicking noises or binding or resistance?

fresh air

Postby fresh air » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 am

Hello Steven,

thank you for your feedback. In the meantime, I have also relubricated all guides to be able to exclude this error. Now the printhead runs freely at any position without much resistance or blockages. I also cannot detect any clicking during the movement. However, when I repeat the test print, the same error occurs again. :(
Are there perhaps other error possibilities?

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed May 12, 2021 11:28 pm

fresh air wrote:Hello Steven,

thank you for your feedback. In the meantime, I have also relubricated all guides to be able to exclude this error. Now the printhead runs freely at any position without much resistance or blockages. I also cannot detect any clicking during the movement. However, when I repeat the test print, the same error occurs again. :(
Are there perhaps other error possibilities?

Thanks for the update. Can you please check that both your Y and X-axis couplers are intact and not broken or loose?

Here is a guide to locate both of them;
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-676.html
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-685.html

Return to “Printing Settings”