Retraction reset setting and speed

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
kylian

Retraction reset setting and speed

Postby kylian » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:32 am

Hi,

I am a newbie in the forum, after just recently purchased the Raise3d E2 printer. Overall quality seems very nice for the machine and I am planning to try out some small business with it, by providing some prints for customers in the future.
I have one problem:
I am printing a cylinder, but when printing out the outer layers, it creates all the way a vertical extra line. This line is pushing outwards from the model, so that it seems that there is small sideway movement in the nozzle, or what I have been thinking is that it may extrude too much material for this part. Because the line is created at the same place, where the nozzle starts and stops the circle. See picture enclosed.
I was wondering that if it has something to do with the Extra restart amount of retraction settings? At the moment the setting is set to 0.00.
If I add that to 0.5mm for example, shall it retract 0.5mm more, or which way the setting will work?

Or maybe it is because of completely different setting??

Does anyone experienced this before?
I would be very pleased to hear about your comments. Thank you, stay safe! :)
Attachments
20210415_075423.jpg

Bikeracer

Re: Retraction reset setting and speed

Postby Bikeracer » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:08 am

Looks like the 'Z' seam to me where each layer starts and stops, you can alter the start/stop position in the slicer settings to vary this.

Search youtube for some video's about 3D 'Z' seam.

kylian

Re: Retraction reset setting and speed

Postby kylian » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Bikeracer wrote:Looks like the 'Z' seam to me where each layer starts and stops, you can alter the start/stop position in the slicer settings to vary this.

Search youtube for some video's about 3D 'Z' seam.

Sorry, it took me a while to get back to this.. yes, thank you a lot for the reply of this. I will take a closer look.. I believe that this is rather simple to try to adjust in Ideamaker also?

Return to “Printing Settings”