First steps with PRO2

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Saperusa

First steps with PRO2

Postby Saperusa » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:05 pm

Hi to the Raise community,
I'm Sandro from Rome; I have a small company, I design and produce audio cable.
Raise PRO2 will be precious for some part of my cables, box for Ground box, terminal parts for plugs, parts to put my logo etc.
I have bought PRO2 end of January but, for an unfortunate situation, I have started to use PRO2 only from da middle of MARCH (raise arrive with display broken).
Okay, I Have started with the classic print, Bunny, Cat and others animals for my daughter in PLA filament.
Now I have bought a machine for dry filament (Eibos Cyclopes) that arrives at 70° celsius and is perfect for Nylon and Delrin but also for Support (at a low T)
I have seen that for ABS someone has thought to use the raft in PLA and the structure in ABS, but I have seen that with Ideamaker it's impossible to have two profile different together (ABS on the left and PLA on the right) isn't it?
Another question, I'm scared to change different filament in a different time.
For example if I have used ABS with a temperature of 245° I have made Unload and after I would like to use PLA that has a temperature of 205° what is the right procedure for this case?
The opposite could not be a problem, from 205° to 245° the pla filament again inside the noozle go down without problem but from ABS to PLA?
I don't want to block the estrusor and have problem to print.

Thanks for You help

Sandro

Steven@Raise3D

Re: First steps with PRO2

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:33 am

Saperusa wrote:Hi to the Raise community,
I'm Sandro from Rome; I have a small company, I design and produce audio cable.
Raise PRO2 will be precious for some part of my cables, box for Ground box, terminal parts for plugs, parts to put my logo etc.
I have bought PRO2 end of January but, for an unfortunate situation, I have started to use PRO2 only from da middle of MARCH (raise arrive with display broken).
Okay, I Have started with the classic print, Bunny, Cat and others animals for my daughter in PLA filament.

Now I have bought a machine for dry filament (Eibos Cyclopes) that arrives at 70° celsius and is perfect for Nylon and Delrin but also for Support (at a low T)

We would strongly recommend NOT to use materials like Delrin with the machine as those types of materials off-gas very toxic and possibly harmful fumes.

I have seen that for ABS someone has thought to use the raft in PLA and the structure in ABS, but I have seen that with Ideamaker it's impossible to have two profile different together (ABS on the left and PLA on the right) isn't it?

We typically don't recommend printing materials with very different printing temperatures together at the same time. ABS prints at a much higher temperature on both the heated bed and nozzle temperature. These higher temperatures can cause issues with the PLA even before it starts printing.

Another question, I'm scared to change different filament in a different time.
For example if I have used ABS with a temperature of 245° I have made Unload and after I would like to use PLA that has a temperature of 205° what is the right procedure for this case?
The opposite could not be a problem, from 205° to 245° the pla filament again inside the noozle go down without problem but from ABS to PLA?
I don't want to block the estrusor and have problem to print.

The pre-loading that occurs as the unload sequence is started helps to purge most of the plastic out of the nozzle while it is being unloaded. This helps to ensure that when you are transitioning to another material that may not have the same loading temperature the nozzle does not clog. If you are worried about it you can always adjust the loading temperature manually +/- a few degrees depending on the material that you want to load and the one that you just unloaded.

Thanks for You help

Sandro

Return to “Printing Settings”