First Layer Height Ideamaker

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
HightowersOski

First Layer Height Ideamaker

Postby HightowersOski » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:25 pm

Hello guys,

I am new to the Raise3d community cause I have got my new printer just recently. Thus I am having quite a lot of trouble with the first layer sticking to the bed after changing my printing bed from the stock BuildTak to the, according to my supplier, upgrade MT Plus plate (got delivered as an extra with the printer). Since the change my prints do not stick to the plate anymore. After few layers they warp and then get off.

Looking in Ideamaker and its stock settings I saw, that the initial first layer height is given with 0,5mm. To e this seems quite high. What are your experiences and values, which you use?
With the BuildTak plate I haven't had issues. The prints were stuck to the board and i accidentaly destroyed the BuildTak with the spatula.

Thanks in advance

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: First Layer Height Ideamaker

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:37 am

We normally suggest users to recalibrate Z offset after replacing build plate.
Which profile you are using? The initial first layer height should be 0.3mm.

HightowersOski

Postby HightowersOski » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:53 pm

Thank you very much for the answer.

I recalibrated the levelling after replacing the plate. Now a again changed and calibrated the plate to a build tak flex plate system.

I am using the standard raise 3D pla templates in ideamaker. The initial layer height is set to 0.3mm but when I am printing with raft it is 0.5 for the raft.

Even the change to the other plate didn’t make my prints stick. I am really frustrated right now since I got great hopes in this printer to be more or less easy to use the first time. But I am just having problems.

My feeling is, that the heating plate is not working correctly since the temperature seems to be less than shown (in comparison with my other printer)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:38 pm

What printer you are using?
The first layer for Raft should be 0.5mm by default and first layer of the model should be 0.3mm by default.

HightowersOski

Postby HightowersOski » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:48 am

I am using a Pro2 printer.

I have the printer since two weeks. Not working as supposed.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:16 am

HightowersOski wrote:I am using a Pro2 printer.

I have the printer since two weeks. Not working as supposed.

It is difficult to make accurate suggestions on what could help the issue as we are not familiar with the build plate/surface that you are printing on. Our default settings are all made around the use of the buildtak printing surface with our aluminum plate, which works very well for most materials. I would suggest swapping back to the stock build plate then recalibrating the Z-offset to see if we can achieve better results.

Return to “Printing Settings”