Dual color Nylon prints - clogg at extruder swap

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Barry_S

Dual color Nylon prints - clogg at extruder swap

Postby Barry_S » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:47 pm

Hi,

I have a small dual color print with nylon but I keep strugling to get it right. after the second or third swap between extruders they get clogged and stop extruding. I am sure it can be fixed with a setting but which one :-)

Any one has a thought? I'll attach my idea file. Settings I am expirimenting with are temps, standby temperatures/times etc.. but so far no luck. Our Nylon is styx12 by formfutura is new and we've dried it last night to be sure it's dry....
Attachments
RING_IDEA_NEW-PROFILE.idea
(317.57 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Dual color Nylon prints - clogg at extruder swap

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Barry_S wrote:Hi,

I have a small dual color print with nylon but I keep strugling to get it right. after the second or third swap between extruders they get clogged and stop extruding. I am sure it can be fixed with a setting but which one :-)

Any one has a thought? I'll attach my idea file. Settings I am expirimenting with are temps, standby temperatures/times etc.. but so far no luck. Our Nylon is styx12 by formfutura is new and we've dried it last night to be sure it's dry....

We typically would not suggest dual printing Nylons as it can get quite tricky swapping between extruders. However, my tips would be to ensure that the Nylon is dry and is being kept dry. Also, check to make sure the template that you have is working properly first on single extrusion prints before moving onto dual extrusion prints.

innoprint

Postby innoprint » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:15 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:

We typically would not suggest dual printing Nylons as it can get quite tricky swapping between extruders. However, my tips would be to ensure that the Nylon is dry and is being kept dry. Also, check to make sure the template that you have is working properly first on single extrusion prints before moving onto dual extrusion prints.

Hello Steven@Raise3D:
Uh, that doesn‘t sound good. I‘m drying „Taulman SAC1060 Breakaway for Nylon 1.75mm“ currently, which should be used in combination with PA6 CF15 on a Pro2. — And I agree, first I‘m trying to get the carbon filament running, currently without success, but a lot of cloggs (https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... 459#p59459).

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:44 pm

innoprint wrote:
Steven@Raise3D wrote:

Hello Steven@Raise3D:
Uh, that doesn‘t sound good. I‘m drying „Taulman SAC1060 Breakaway for Nylon 1.75mm“ currently, which should be used in combination with PA6 CF15 on a Pro2. — And I agree, first I‘m trying to get the carbon filament running, currently without success, but a lot of cloggs (https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... 459#p59459).

Yes, let's focus on getting the CF nylon material to print properly first.

innoprint

Postby innoprint » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:56 am

Hi @Barry_S

Just got dual extruder print Nylon @ left extruder and Taulman SAC1060 Breakaway for Nylon @ right extruder working.

IMG_6548.jpeg

JFYI, in case this may be helpful for you:
  • Printed it with a 20x20mm tower to clean up the extruder change.
  • The 15% support structure was to week and next time I will print it stronger. But anyway, it worked.. :)

Barry_S

Postby Barry_S » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:07 am

Nice!

I haven't tried since because I swapped to an ultimaker which did the job without any problem. I did print with a tower btw but didn't help.

wrieken

Postby wrieken » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Raised3D Taulman3D PCTPE.png
innoprint wrote:Hi @Barry_S

Just got dual extruder print Nylon @ left extruder and Taulman SAC1060 Breakaway for Nylon @ right extruder working.

Raised3D Taulman3D PCTPE.png

JFYI, in case this may be helpful for you:
  • Printed it with a 20x20mm tower to clean up the extruder change.
  • The 15% support structure was to week and next time I will print it stronger. But anyway, it worked.. :)

Can you please tell me how you solved this problem for the support material? What was the best settings? I am having this problem right now. Thank you.

Return to “Printing Settings”