Awful seam in spiral mode

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
the dragonlord

Awful seam in spiral mode

Postby the dragonlord » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:01 pm

Good morning, I'm printing in spiral mode, I've setted fixed as layer start point type and setted 0,0 as X and Y start point but the seam is placed everiwhere but 0,0....this is a big issue for me because I'm printing with transparent PETG and the seams ruins all the job....I attach an image as well the .idea and the .dat file....what's wrong?

Andrea

p.s.
this behavior happen even not in spiral mode...the seam is always placed along a not better identified path wich apparently has nothing to do with the layer start choices...

p.p.s
don't take care of the artifatc you see in the image, they always appear when I slice in spiral mode but they seem to be "just" a rendering issue
Attachments
Seam.jpg
Canopy.idea
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
Canopy__PETG Printologist Transparent_0.2000mm.data
(93.74 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

the dragonlord

Re: Awful seam in spiral mode

Postby the dragonlord » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:05 pm

this is a picture of the print...as you can see the seam is terrible
Attachments
20210109_165607.jpg

Allram

Postby Allram » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Try to tune the M572 - Pressure advance settings. I does wonder for seam problems exactly like this:

https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Pressure_advance

the dragonlord

Postby the dragonlord » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:33 am

Allram wrote:Try to tune the M572 - Pressure advance settings. I does wonder for seam problems exactly like this:

https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Pressure_advance

This is just a workaround....the main problem is that the seam isn't placed where I want...even using and tuning the pressure advance maybe I could reduce the "bumping" effect of the seam but the seam itself will be placed "randomly" in any case so it will be visible....I'm printing with transparent filament and for me this is a terrible issue

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:37 pm

Would you like to share the gcode file with us?

the dragonlord

Postby the dragonlord » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:29 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to share the gcode file with us?

in my first post I've shared the STL and the.idea file

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:52 am

We have tried slicing your file but can't recreate the same issue. So we want to ask your actual .gcode file can show the issue to compare with our result.

the dragonlord

Postby the dragonlord » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:14 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We have tried slicing your file but can't recreate the same issue. So we want to ask your actual .gcode file can show the issue to compare with our result.

ok, here it is
Attachments
Canopy__PETG Printologist Transparent_0.2000mm.gcode
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:09 am

We have generated a beta version acocording your issue. Let me know if you have interesting to test the beta version.
Here is the result of the beta version:
Image_20210118180913.png

the dragonlord

Postby the dragonlord » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:53 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We have generated a beta version acocording your issue. Let me know if you have interesting to test the beta version.
Here is the result of the beta version:
Image_20210118180913.png

I'm absolutely interested! What should I do to have the beta version?

Thanks
Andrea

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:04 pm

I will share the download link with you via Prviate Message.

the dragonlord

Postby the dragonlord » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:53 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:I will share the download link with you via Prviate Message.

got it! today I 'll try it to see if it really works! Is this a "private" beta or is it sharable? I have a couple of friends who are experiencing almost the same issue with ideamaker... do you give me the permission to share the beta with them in our Facebook page or do you prefer I make them to add a post here in my thread so you send them the beta itself?
thanks!

AFTECH

Postby AFTECH » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Hello i'm also interested on this beta version if it can help to reduce these blobs.
I make some decoration parts and i've got lots of problems with these blobs,i've tried to tune the rectractation but it doesn't change the result and it cause some underextrusion at layer change.
I've also tried to change the seam position but the result is not good too.
I've added a fan on the extruder motor in order to reduce the heat problem and i always print PLA without the cover of the printer and with both doors fully openned.
Raise 3D Pro 2 +

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:35 am

AFTECH wrote:Hello i'm also interested on this beta version if it can help to reduce these blobs.
I make some decoration parts and i've got lots of problems with these blobs,i've tried to tune the rectractation but it doesn't change the result and it cause some underextrusion at layer change.
I've also tried to change the seam position but the result is not good too.
I've added a fan on the extruder motor in order to reduce the heat problem and i always print PLA without the cover of the printer and with both doors fully openned.

Spiral Mode doesn't have Layer Starting Point. If the blob you mentioned above is caused by Layer Starting Points, the beta version may not help improving the result.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:09 am

the dragonlord wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:I will share the download link with you via Prviate Message.

got it! today I 'll try it to see if it really works! Is this a "private" beta or is it sharable? I have a couple of friends who are experiencing almost the same issue with ideamaker... do you give me the permission to share the beta with them in our Facebook page or do you prefer I make them to add a post here in my thread so you send them the beta itself?
thanks!

This version doesn't have too many extra not yet fully tested new feature added but only bug fixing. So it should be fine sharing with other uses. But please make sure mark it as Beta version.

Return to “Printing Settings”