Bridging problems

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
andi-at

Bridging problems

Postby andi-at » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Hello,

I´ve received our new Pro2 Plus just a few days and playing around with it. I´ve printed some benchmarks to see how it works, namely the https://github.com/kickstarter/kickstarter-autodesk-3d autodesk one. I printed it with the default high quality profile with 0.1mm, no changes, using your PLA filament whats shipped with the printer.

The quality of the print is really nice, look at the almost perfect needles without any stringing:
benchmark_1rstrun.jpeg

But the test quite fails with a score of 18,5/30 due to the horrible bridging:
benchmark_bridging_1.jpeg

benchmark_bridging_2.jpeg

I found no howto in your quick start guide nor a manual (the info should be somewhere, right?), so i searched the internet and found the tip of printing a temperature tower, so i found one to generate (attached) and started to play around with the settings. I first userd
But here things started to get really confusing. Every guide tells that lower temperatures will give better results in both bridging and overhangs. But the exact opposite happened here, the bridges and overhang looks quite well for 250(!) degrees, but get worse and worse by lower temperatures:
temperaturetowers.jpeg

now i cant add more attachments, so i continue in the second post
Attachments
Tower_250_180_10.idea
(277.62 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Bridging problems

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:34 pm

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Bridging problems

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 am

andi-at wrote:Hello,

I´ve received our new Pro2 Plus just a few days and playing around with it. I´ve printed some benchmarks to see how it works, namely the https://github.com/kickstarter/kickstarter-autodesk-3d autodesk one. I printed it with the default high quality profile with 0.1mm, no changes, using your PLA filament whats shipped with the printer.

The quality of the print is really nice, look at the almost perfect needles without any stringing:
benchmark_1rstrun.jpeg

But the test quite fails with a score of 18,5/30 due to the horrible bridging:
benchmark_bridging_1.jpeg

benchmark_bridging_2.jpeg

I found no howto in your quick start guide nor a manual (the info should be somewhere, right?), so i searched the internet and found the tip of printing a temperature tower, so i found one to generate (attached) and started to play around with the settings. I first userd
But here things started to get really confusing. Every guide tells that lower temperatures will give better results in both bridging and overhangs. But the exact opposite happened here, the bridges and overhang looks quite well for 250(!) degrees, but get worse and worse by lower temperatures:
temperaturetowers.jpeg

now i cant add more attachments, so i continue in the second post

Can you please provide me the Gcode file that printed this model. I want to ensure that ideaMaker is detecting the bridging to compensate correctly.

Return to “Printing Settings”