Under and Over Printed Corners

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
JamesL_KC

Under and Over Printed Corners

Postby JamesL_KC » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:38 pm

I attached some images of some interesting issues I've had with a couple of my recent prints.

One it seems like the outer shell failed to extrude up to the corner fully.
Incomplete Corner.jpg

The other it seems like the outer shell continued to extrude passed where the corner should terminate.
Overcomplete Corner.jpg

Any thoughts on whether this could be a slicer setting, or an issue with the G-Code, or an issue with the extruder itself?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Under and Over Printed Corners

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Would you like to check with both your X and Y couplers are tight on rods or not?
I'm wondering whether it is a hardware issue causing the problems or not.

No need to replace at the moment unless you can see they look broken. Check whether they are properly installed first.
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-676.html
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-685.html

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:28 am

Looks like you might benefit from some extra restart on the extruder tab.

If it's just a little short on laying down the first bit, the error will accumulate on subsequent layers and the gap gets bigger. Once it creates a small gap the next restart doesn't have anything to land on. That can also contribute to the diagonal lines you see on the other corner. Try a .2mm (just a starting point) extra restart and see if that improves things.

JamesL_KC

Postby JamesL_KC » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:02 pm

The couplers seem to be pretty tight, I will keep an eye on it to see if any sort of hardware issue becomes noticable.

I will definitely give the extra restart time a shot next time I print some PLA parts, thanks for the suggestion.

I will post any updates once I get some PLA parts on my current slicer settings printed next week. Hoping my 120+ hour PETG parts finish up this week.

Thanks again.

Return to “Printing Settings”